How many pets do you have in your bedroom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats a lot of tanks. Haha awesome.
The frogs I`m looking at are the soild blue with black spots or the ones with yellow legs with blue and black spots

I'm jealous. I have wanted snakes since I was a little girl. There was a lady with snakes who worked at a convenience store near where my mom worked and we stopped in there a lot. Sometimes she would bring them in with her, and she always let me pet the big one and hold the little ones, and I just fell in love with them. But my mom hates snakes, so no snakes as a kid. Then the first apartment I moved into did not allow any snakes. And now my boyfriend is terrified of snakes so I can't have one. He says if I get another apartment across town for the snake I can have one, lol.

Same here, I LOVE snakes. But my mom is scared to death of them. I took care of an Everglades rat snake my JR year of high school. I hated to give it up at the end of the year.

I'm jealous. I have wanted snakes since I was a little girl. There was a lady with snakes who worked at a convenience store near where my mom worked and we stopped in there a lot. Sometimes she would bring them in with her, and she always let me pet the big one and hold the little ones, and I just fell in love with them. But my mom hates snakes, so no snakes as a kid. Then the first apartment I moved into did not allow any snakes. And now my boyfriend is terrified of snakes so I can't have one. He says if I get another apartment across town for the snake I can have one, lol.

Maybe you should rent an apartment across town for just the snakes. Jk. It's a GREAT idea. Lol, not. I have been terrified of poisonous snakes but never get scared of the big non poisonous ones.

Maybe you should rent an apartment across town for just the snakes. Jk. It's a GREAT idea. Lol, not. I have been terrified of poisonous snakes but never get scared of the big non poisonous ones.

When I have my doctorate and a psychological practice of my own I an always have one in my office. Good for immersion therapy for snake phobias! Might even be a tax write off! I will likely have a big peaceful fish tank in the part where I see patients. If I end up with my own practice, which is what I'm hoping for.

And trust me, I too am terrified of venomous snakes, but pythons and the like just fascinate me. My bf was bitten by a water moccasin as a toddler, and even though he doesn't remember the incident he developed a phobia. Last time he was up close to a snake he passed out. A teacher brought it in to show his science class in high school with no warning, and he was the first desk by the door. He hyperventilated and passed out.

When I have my doctorate and a psychological practice of my own I an always have one in my office. Good for immersion therapy for snake phobias! Might even be a tax write off! I will likely have a big peaceful fish tank in the part where I see patients. If I end up with my own practice, which is what I'm hoping for.

And trust me, I too am terrified of venomous snakes, but pythons and the like just fascinate me. My bf was bitten by a water moccasin as a toddler, and even though he doesn't remember the incident he developed a phobia. Last time he was up close to a snake he passed out. A teacher brought it in to show his science class in high school with no warning, and he was the first desk by the door. He hyperventilated and passed out.

Lol. It seems like all doctor offices have either a fish tank or some kind of pet in there. What kind of snake was it when he passed out?

Pics to come tomorrow likely since its night time for them. Even though they are out cause they are mostly nocturnal. I can't get good pics without disturbing them. The green trees will be "out" but hiding in plain sight lol

Lol. It seems like all doctor offices have either a fish tank or some kind of pet in there. What kind of snake was it when he passed out?

A big constrictor of some sort. He's not exactly great at IDing snakes, lol. And yeah, it seems every doctor I've ever been to, an most hospital waiting rooms, have a tank of some sort. My inspiration is the tank from early seasons of nip/tuck - huge in wall tank behind the desk with tons of young angelfish. Except mine will be planted and stocked reasonably, lol.

A big constrictor of some sort. He's not exactly great at IDing snakes, lol. And yeah, it seems every doctor I've ever been to, an most hospital waiting rooms, have a tank of some sort. My inspiration is the tank from early seasons of nip/tuck - huge in wall tank behind the desk with tons of young angelfish. Except mine will be planted and stocked reasonably, lol.

Yeah. I love in wall tanks. Makes it blend into the surrounding and yet pop out. All the tanks at offices are either under stocked or overstocked. Lol

It's been proven that fish tanks in drs. Offices and hospitals help people relax and recover faster. This also goes for therapy animals.

Okay as requested pictures of my room. I know it's crowded but the snakes weren't always here my girlfriend moved and I had to keep them in my room for awhile till she gets her apartment in August.

From the door
image-2743189706.jpg

Wire rack on the left of the door with extra cages/bins and the two green tree pythons.

image-3608381151.jpg

Left green tree cage (Fiona/little devil) just a yearling
image-1587574123.jpg

Shrek adult male green tree cage. He's hiding behind the leaves on the left.

image-3741554168.jpg

Wire rack straight from door. Three ball python cages.

image-3741554168.jpg

Bottom cage 40 breeder, female pinstripe ball python names penny. Roughly 400 grams

image-2262545311.jpg

Middle cage 40 breeder exo terra. Male normal ball python and first snake, names slytherin 610 grams

image-120862018.jpg

Top cage 20 long. Female lesser ball python, names lotus 550 grams
image-1902783975.jpg

Tv rack across from the foot of my bed.
image-1212398908.jpg

20 long on top of tv. Mojave ball python name lotto. Since we won him in a raffle. 215 grams.

image-2085291978.jpg

Fluval edge community to the right of the tv rack. Some tetras and electric blue crayfish.
image-54569454.jpg

125 gallon african Cichlid tank to the right of my bed. Roughly 35 mbuna, peacocks and haps. Two ac 110. And two 200watt heaters. (Check Cichlid discussion for pictures of my rescape)
image-3273896756.jpg

Three bettas under the fluval. One veil tail. One crown tail. One half moon I think.

image-3445719167.jpg

image-756971994.jpg

image-3968934355.jpg

45 gallon as my head board. 150 watt heater. Marineland 350 and 200. Three barracuda, one butterfly, and spiny eel.

image-3315373002.jpg

That's my room have clothes in closets, along with extra supplies fit where there is room. Pretty tight but it always keeps you entertained I can promise that and I guess you get a picture of the rescape.

Attachments

• image-2736873019.jpg
    image-2736873019.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 60
Okay as requested pictures of my room. I know it's crowded but the snakes weren't always here my girlfriend moved and I had to keep them in my room for awhile till she gets her apartment in August.

From the door

Wire rack on the left of the door with extra cages/bins and the two green tree pythons.

Left green tree cage (Fiona/little devil) just a yearling

Shrek adult male green tree cage. He's hiding behind the leaves on the left.

Wire rack straight from door. Three ball python cages.

Bottom cage 40 breeder, female pinstripe ball python names penny. Roughly 400 grams

Middle cage 40 breeder exo terra. Male normal ball python and first snake, names slytherin 610 grams

Top cage 20 long. Female lesser ball python, names lotus 550 grams

Tv rack across from the foot of my bed.

20 long on top of tv. Mojave ball python name lotto. Since we won him in a raffle. 215 grams.

Fluval edge community to the right of the tv rack. Some tetras and electric blue crayfish.

125 gallon african Cichlid tank to the right of my bed. Roughly 35 mbuna, peacocks and haps. Two ac 110. And two 200watt heaters. (Check Cichlid discussion for pictures of my rescape)

Three bettas under the fluval. One veil tail. One crown tail. One half moon I think.

45 gallon as my head board. 150 watt heater. Marineland 350 and 200. Three barracuda, one butterfly, and spiny eel.

That's my room have clothes in closets, along with extra supplies fit where there is room. Pretty tight but it always keeps you entertained I can promise that and I guess you get a picture of the rescape.

Whoa I am amazed. How do you sleep at night?

It's usually completely dark and silent. Just the subtle hum of the filters which is no worse than a fan. I have night lights i could use to see everyone but i hardly use them. All the snakes have ceramic heat emitter for warmth so they don't need any lights. I just have some to simulate a light cycle.

Back
Top Bottom