How many tanks do you guys have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 1 running, a high tech 55 gallon planted tank. It consumes a lot of time as is but I want to upgrade to at least a 75 gal in the next year. My parents are the only thing keeping me from getting 1 or 2 more as I'm only 15! :)

Currently down to two - 55 and 56 gallons. Once upon a time I had three, one of which was a 100g, but I've learned that every time I get a large-ish aquarium, fate conspires to set events in motion that make me sell it :)

You don't call 56 gallons large-ish?!?!

I don't want to list them all as I'm in denial, but here they are:

1x 29 gal planted
3x 10 gal, one is dad's planted, two are for zebras
2x 2.5 gal, one is quarantine, other is betta

It's been less than a year since I really got into fish 0_o I'd have more if not for the fact that I share a room with my sister in a manhattan apt. and my parents won't let me. :(

Man, memories....
Just got back into fishy's again with a 30 gal salt tank and a DIY filter set-up[ (never gonna buy another again, much cheaper and more efficient to build myself ;))

But to the business at hand;

Hi everyone, my name is PB and I'm an addict. I've been clean for about a decade but when I was offered some free stuff and all the real coral decorations I gave to a deceased friend back, well, you know the story.

At the height of my addiction I was helping operate a LFS (bad combo, I know, like an alcoholic working at a bar) and had in descending order;

a 100 gal aggressive community salt tank, was even home to an orphaned nurse shark for about 6-7 months.

a 55 gal show South American tetra tank fully planted with 60 cardinals, 25 marble hatchets, couple dozen glo-lite tetras, cory cats, etc, etc.

a 40 gal South American cichlid tank with the usual suspects, Oscar, Jack, Red, Big Tex, Blue Eyed pleco and a beautiful Gold Severum.

another 40 gal with a very personable yet mean Undulated trigger. It was like having a rabid pit bull puppy in a tank!
He would pile all the rocks and sand up against the front glass so I couldn't see him. :blink:

a 26 show tank with a pair of Gold Rams and a mated pair of Angels, Silver and Blushing.
also helped care for a friends 200 gal show with an Silver Arowana and a 12 piranha about 7". They never bothered the Arowana, but man they sure did some damage to lg feeders and the occasional feeder rat.

a 15 gal that I can't remember what was in it...turtles maybe???
a 10 gal for feeders

and one of my all time favorites;
a 1.5 gallon plexi hex that housed a pair of the first few hundred tank raised Ocellaris Clowns and a carpet anemone. Got them from Instant Ocean when they were barely a 1/4" long, had them for about 3 years.
This was about 32 years ago.
Hey, I guess that qualifies as a nano tank long before the word "nano" even became common vernacular!
Well, waddayaknowaboutthat :cool:

Thank You
I'm PB Smith and I'm an addict.

I currently have 4, but when I was breeding apistos I had as many as 123 going at a time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

123!? You must have a lot of space lol!

Man, memories....
Just got back into fishy's again with a 30 gal salt tank and a DIY filter set-up[ (never gonna buy another again, much cheaper and more efficient to build myself ;))

But to the business at hand;

Hi everyone, my name is PB and I'm an addict. I've been clean for about a decade but when I was offered some free stuff and all the real coral decorations I gave to a deceased friend back, well, you know the story.

At the height of my addiction I was helping operate a LFS (bad combo, I know, like an alcoholic working at a bar) and had in descending order;

a 100 gal aggressive community salt tank, was even home to an orphaned nurse shark for about 6-7 months.

a 55 gal show South American tetra tank fully planted with 60 cardinals, 25 marble hatchets, couple dozen glo-lite tetras, cory cats, etc, etc.

a 40 gal South American cichlid tank with the usual suspects, Oscar, Jack, Red, Big Tex, Blue Eyed pleco and a beautiful Gold Severum.

another 40 gal with a very personable yet mean Undulated trigger. It was like having a rabid pit bull puppy in a tank!
He would pile all the rocks and sand up against the front glass so I couldn't see him. :blink:

a 26 show tank with a pair of Gold Rams and a mated pair of Angels, Silver and Blushing.
also helped care for a friends 200 gal show with an Silver Arowana and a 12 piranha about 7". They never bothered the Arowana, but man they sure did some damage to lg feeders and the occasional feeder rat.

a 15 gal that I can't remember what was in it...turtles maybe???
a 10 gal for feeders

and one of my all time favorites;
a 1.5 gallon plexi hex that housed a pair of the first few hundred tank raised Ocellaris Clowns and a carpet anemone. Got them from Instant Ocean when they were barely a 1/4" long, had them for about 3 years.
This was about 32 years ago.
Hey, I guess that qualifies as a nano tank long before the word "nano" even became common vernacular!
Well, waddayaknowaboutthat :cool:

Thank You
I'm PB Smith and I'm an addict.

Brilliant!

My local petco lost its lease so I really wanna go and get one soon!

So tempt to buy another tank a friend of mine is selling.. But do i really need it ? And where can it go if i do really need it lol... Argh its a disease this multiple tank syndrome ..

DIY themed mental case.

One big tank, 11 clown loach & Bristlenose (soft acid)
(750 litre currently, approx 189 us gal) DIY

1x120 litre planted community. Neutral water
(Manufactured but I got it free)
Christmas Cory paleatus fry and glowlight tetra

1x110 litre soft acid community (not my) DIY
Black neon tetra/Cory agassizii/blue ram

1x110 litre hard rheophilic species tank (not my) DIY
6xhillstream loach

1x60 litre brackish species only 1 puffer F8. DIY
Tetraodon Biocellatus

1x60litre holding tank. (Currently neutral freshwater) (manufactured but I got it free) normally empty but currently holding stock.
3xcory paleatus/K minor.

1x (currently under construction) based on a 5ft tank, 321litre 85 us gal reef system. DIY tank with DIY side sump conversion & DIY overhead refugium

1x45 litre tank DIY, snails only (puffer food)

Some empty tanks. Qt/emergency.

That's it, all squeezed nicely into my DIY fish house, No more space.
Pictures available of the build etc. see links below.

Back
Top Bottom