How many tanks do you guys have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DazF

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have only beeb in the hobby 5 months and have really bad MTS!

I currently have my 7gal betta tank and 40gal community.

I would love to get another tank as i really want to keep tiger barbs!

My fiance thinks 2 is already a lot buy i told her there are people with a lot more than 2!!

I have 3 in use and 1 qt tank. And one being built .. But im hoping to just have the 2 bigger ones. At some point .. I've run out of furniture to put them on ;)

I'm the same I was happy with my 20L then it really got hold on me and bought the mrs a 50g tank but I told her I would look after it for her haha, I think I am obsessed I cannot walk past any of my tanks with out looking in making sure all my fish are there looking at the filter cleaning the glass not sure if this is a good thing or if I should check into rehab for a while hahaha

12 glass tanks in total. 2 plastic ones i keep excess plants in. Not all of them are running yet.

Running.
2x20g + a 35g tank stocked at the moment and one cycled 6g cube running with just a filter, fish food and some stray snails. I plan to add a betta to this tank soon.

Soon to be running
6g waiting on a bubble filter to cycle to make it a shrimp tank.
35g drilled tank + 15g sump. Ok the sump is not quite a sump yet but will be when i silicone some partitions into it. Finished the stand last week so the sump and painting the stand are the last steps to get it running.

Then i have 3 tanks needing repairs
40g busted end
30g re-purposing a 3 foot standing tank. It has 4 long sheets of glass and needs 2 end panels to make it a flat tank. One side will become the 2 ends and will provide the glass to repair the 40g too.
6g rectangle with a long pane broken.

I also have a pair empty 15g (one is turning into the sump) and my 20g qt/hospital tank.

Power points have become an issue. I have enough power points to get the 30g and 40g running when they're fixed but that will limit the tanks i can have in my house for now.

Wow, my 2 seem like nothing in comparison! Haha yeah maybe there should be a MTS rehab group!
If i had more space/time/money i am sure i would have another tank already haha

I've got a 29,20,10,5.5 all running full bore... 2 are well planted so I'm never without something to do:D they say idle hands are the devils playground...come pry mine out of the tanks!!!

I would just keep buying them if I could!
Would love to have a marine tank too but that will have to hold off for a while!

I have 3 tanks. A 10 gal fully running, a 66 gal that I am cycling to get ready for an oscar and a 29 gal that I am going to set up and move the fish from my 10 gal into

DazF, you made good choices with a 40 and 7. Beautiful tanks!

I'm a senior and due to my children's wishes am limited to a 29 gal and a 12 gal. 2 small holding tanks and an unused 1 gallon hospital tank. I do have oodles of QT plant containers.

I have one tank up and running and that is my 5 gallon with 3 ADFs. My QT tank is up too but nothing but raw shrimp in it to keep the cycle going. I am hoping to have my 20L set up next week it should be here by the 30th. And I am in the process of setting up a 2.5 nano shrimp tank and a 3 gallon Pico tank that will have 2 sexy shrimp and some corals. I am also setting up a 10 gallon nano which will have a DSB with corals. The most I have ever had was 30 tanks ranging from 1 gallon up to a 500 reef. But seeing where I live now 5 is all I can fit lol.

Thanks monkey :) both still work in progress though! Looking to replace the gravel in both soon and add some more plants to the 40g

I have one tank up and running and that is my 5 gallon with 3 ADFs. My QT tank is up too but nothing but raw shrimp in it to keep the cycle going. I am hoping to have my 20L set up next week it should be here by the 30th. And I am in the process of setting up a 2.5 nano shrimp tank and a 3 gallon Pico tank that will have 2 sexy shrimp and some corals. I am also setting up a 10 gallon nano which will have a DSB with corals. The most I have ever had was 30 tanks ranging from 1 gallon up to a 500 reef. But seeing where I live now 5 is all I can fit lol.

30!? Wow!!!

3 gallon shrimp tank
Two 10 gallons (one is a QT that currently has some long term residents)
Two 20 gallon longs
and a 45 gallon that is currently empty, but in the (slow) process of being put back together.

I have a 90 community, and I did have a 20, but sold it not too long ago. Want a 5 gallon betta tank soon. And upgrade my 90 to a 125+ when I can convince my husband lol.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398353876.562421.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398353919.433426.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398353939.165146.jpg

Thank you! It costs so much to get everything set up, but maintaining is cheap. At one point I had 7 aquariums, but that was almost 10 years ago. I'm happy with what I have now. (Just wish it were bigger!) I can't go to the pet store without my husband anymore, he needs to be a referee. If he only understood haha!

I have two fish aquariums, a 29 fw an a 20 gallon reef. I also have a 40 breeder with my 9 year old kingsnake and a 20 gallon viv for my pair of dart frogs. So 4 total tanks

Back
Top Bottom