How many tanks is to much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 17 tanks up and running and a few more in storage. The only thing stopping me from another large one is that the hubby refuses to move the couch out of the basement.

Too bad you're married. I was ready to propose. Do you need a border who will help take care of the maintenance? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think someone already mentioned this, but the number that you are comfortable with doing maintenance before it becomes no fun.
I only have two. Plus a small, small, small pond out back. My planted tank requires about 99% of my tank care time. My shrimp tank in my bedroom requires almost no care and is quiet (AquaClear HOB). Water changes every 1-2 weeks. No ferts; just root tabs every 1-2 months. Algae pellets 3-4x a week. It's on my side of the bed so I fall asleep watching it. Took some time and negotiation to get a tank in the bedroom. Purses are NOT cheap.

What a man! You're my idol. Right on your nightstand. I just asked her and she laughed in my face. Not even a goldfish would be allowed. Would you talk to her for me? LOL

Update:.... from first post I now have 2 more 200 gallon tanks setup :D I had to arange the tanks in rows now thay call it the "fish store" just ceep at it every weak or so 50 no's and a yes means yes :)

It's mysterious. I think it's gear of her ability to stop cooking. Also probably because she's right. I do make a mess when cleaning, pruning and overall playing.

Does everyone else make a mess ?? If it's in the bedroom how do you keep it clean ?

I have 2 in my bedroom a big 3ft one ( one day I'll work out the gallons I do it all in litres) with goldfish and black Moore and another smaller one with a pleco I love having them in my room better then any tv, I put towels on the floor when I'm doing anything inside,

I have 4 tanks ATM and still want more don't think my bf will be too happy lol, I personally think too many Is when there's no space left, you can't afford the running and food costs,

Hmmmm now I'm thinking what I can put In my cory tank as they are getting upgraded ?

Btw I don't see how your wife could condemn you to the basement, seems most Women don't like them( yes I can't believe that being a women myself I'm the crazy tank lady lol)

Sent from my fish phone

I think someone already mentioned this, but the number that you are comfortable with doing maintenance before it becomes no fun.
I only have two. Plus a small, small, small pond out back. My planted tank requires about 99% of my tank care time. My shrimp tank in my bedroom requires almost no care and is quiet (AquaClear HOB). Water changes every 1-2 weeks. No ferts; just root tabs every 1-2 months. Algae pellets 3-4x a week. It's on my side of the bed so I fall asleep watching it. Took some time and negotiation to get a tank in the bedroom. Purses are NOT cheap.

Hahahaha sorry that was funny, bribing her with a purse, mines the opposite I get brided with tanks, sod purses they ain't fun to watch

Sent from my fish phone

Once I mentioned that I could make money off of this hobby she immediately said I could use the part of the basement thats not carpeted (we had some water damage from Hurricanes Irene and Sandy and decided to keep a border where the water came in). I guess you have to be happy with small victories. It's a war of attrition, sort of like life. One small battle at a time. LOL

Dont get me wrong I love tanks in the basement watter spills are no problem I just get the shotvac.

Back
Top Bottom