how many times a day do you feed your fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fadetoblack06 said:
once a day for the fish and I put in cucumbers or watermelon for my plecos twice a day.

Watermelon?? Never thought of that! We use cucumbers for our snails

36 gallon tank
Feed once a day flake food
Snails get cucumber/lettuce a few times a
Week
Fry in breeder box get brine shrimp 2x daily and I leave a sliver of cucumber in the box

Once a day should do it. I do give some extra treats at night to pleco and oscar, a few pellets, some zucchini, nothing major.

Feed my fish once a day, and my corals mysis shrimps. So my fish gets to eat twice :)

Feed twice a day, a mix of pellets & flakes in the morning, the plecos get their courgette & then microworms just before lights out.

Once a day, every third day they get frozzen Bloodworms or Brine Shrimp. if i get my hands on live Bloodworms, then its everyother day.

Once a day usually with two fasting days per week and two days where they get either peas or blanched zucchini at night.

4/7 days of the week once a day. 3/7 days of the week twice a day but a lot less food for them.

once a day with fasting day being tuesdays. Frozen brine or mysis as a "treat" once a week or every other wee..

Once every other day, I give them a smorgasbord of flake, white mosquito larvae, bottom wafers and spirulina.
I sometimes will put in ghost shrimp for them and small crickets too as special treats, I never have believed in giving them just flake food for their entire life, there was an episode on one of the sci-fi shows years ago where this girl thinks she doing some kind of study but she's really an aliens pet and they feed her nothing but pizza and coke everyday, it always stuck with me and that's why I change things up for my fish.

It depends on if they are starting to spawn or not.

If they are in the process of spawning, I feed them twice a day, one feeding will be my homemade fish food, the other will be either frozen bloodworms or frozen beefheart. That gets them nice and conditioned for the spawning. Also helps the female put on some weight. They use a lot of energy laying eggs.

For regular times (non-spawning) once every other day. Which my piggy angelfish do not approve of.

Cichlids get fed once or twice a day with flakes. I incorporate zucchini and peas

Same for goldfish

Rummy/ Cory tank once a day or every other day... sinking pellets for the Cory since they won't eat flakes yet

Betta once or every other day or two
Flakes mostly
Pellets rarely ( he bloats)
And peas once a week
Sometimes he gets the shrimps sinking wafers

i feed every 2 or three days. My tank has been thriving for 8 years with almost all original fish

Back
Top Bottom