How much money do you have into our hobby so far?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Much

• 0-100

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • 101-200

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • 201-300

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • 301-400

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • 401-500

Votes: 24 8.3%
  • 501-800

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • 801-1000

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • 1001-1500

Votes: 44 15.2%
  • 1501-2000

Votes: 26 9.0%
  • 2001-3000

Votes: 18 6.2%
  • This list can't even touch my price tag lol

Votes: 54 18.6%

• Total voters
$400+ :( Mainly on the turtle's tank + maintanence. Things sure do add up over time!

I just recently got back into this hobby, and i BEGGED my parents to get me a 20-36 gal tank (I'm only 13 and i only work for 3 hours a day, $5 and hour, broke.) and they said that if I want a 36 gal then I'll have to prove that I will stick with the fish tank for at least 6 months. So we dug up my old 5 gal tank, and I have 3 guppies. In total, I've spent about $40. I thought it was a little much for 3 guppies, but after seeing what some people spend, I feel like a cheapskate
(suffering from MTS, but i control it with the thought that I'm broke :p)

i dont even know i would guess 500 and thats hoping thats all im in.

Add another 300 to my tally! Getting a R/O unit and some LEDs with lunar lighting to replace my T5s this Friday! Can't wait to see what crazy things happen in my tank when the sun goes down!

Hi ryan, its not waterproof. it is kind of open at the back which lets the heat and evaporation out of it so that is doesn't sit and rot the hood. it has really good air circulation. I am really happy with it. my wife at first thought it was a waste of money but now she is really impressed with it and how much of a feature it is in the house. Every time someone new comes over and has not seen it she has to show them it.

not much $430 for the tank and the whole set up including fish and heaters, test kits etc $70 on features and $97 on fish, so close to $600 at the moment !

iDream said:
Multiple Tank Syndrome, a very serious disease that afflicts those of us in the aquaria hobby.

Symptoms include greeness from envy, a need to top everyone else's tanks. And most commonly and the name for the disease - an uncurable need to have more tanks... more and more and more tanks..

There are no known treatments except to fulfill your desires and buy more tanks :)

Oh my god! That's funny...and now that I think of how much money i have invested...it makes me cringe! Only about 400 bucks, but when your unemployed, boy does it hurt! Haha

I refuse to look at my credit card bill! I refuse to look at my credit card bill! I refuse to look at my.....aaaagh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Argh...I charged more on my credit card bill! I charged more!!!

Sigh. Mother's day came around and I upgraded the horrible Marina slim filter on my mini-five gallon to a Aqua Clear 30. I decided my mom's Betta deserved better filtration with an adjustable flow knob (and it's my mom's gift) and my GOD....with the added ChemiPure Elite in the little basket - the water now looks like a mirror!

Sigh...don't look at the credit card bill...no looking....

Oh, did I mention my mommy is really, really happy now?

Aquachic4545 said:
Argh...I charged more on my credit card bill! I charged more!!!

Sigh. Mother's day came around and I upgraded the horrible Marina slim filter on my mini-five gallon to a Aqua Clear 30. I decided my mom's Betta deserved better filtration with an adjustable flow knob (and it's my mom's gift) and my GOD....with the added ChemiPure Elite in the little basket - the water now looks like a mirror!

Sigh...don't look at the credit card bill...no looking....

Oh, did I mention my mommy is really, really happy now?

Lol IAM NOT GONNA USE MY CREDIT CARD, iam NOT gonna use it, iam NOT gonna use it! Lol

Mines a total of £109 as I got the whole setup, tank, live rock, fish etc etc for free so I've only brought a protein skimmer and test kits bet that changes soon as I'm of to marquatics right know, and I'm already talking about buying a new 450 litre tank, I've only been in the hobby a week,

Back
Top Bottom