How much money do you have into our hobby so far?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Much

• 0-100

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • 101-200

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • 201-300

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • 301-400

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • 401-500

Votes: 24 8.3%
  • 501-800

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • 801-1000

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • 1001-1500

Votes: 44 15.2%
  • 1501-2000

Votes: 26 9.0%
  • 2001-3000

Votes: 18 6.2%
  • This list can't even touch my price tag lol

Votes: 54 18.6%

• Total voters
Bought all my tanks off craigslist. Got good deals on all 5... Over the past 2 month I probably put about 1500 into it... Everythings loaded though and I got all sorts of supplies :)

mikeybabs said:
Bought all my tanks off craigslist. Got good deals on all 5... Over the past 2 month I probably put about 1500 into it... Everythings loaded though and I got all sorts of supplies :)

Not bad for 5 tanks

Until my new one, I bought everything of craigslist. I just got tired of inheriting peoples problems.

I try not to even think about the answer to that question. I can't even count the tanks anymore, let alone the $ spent. Must be over 25 tanks around here by now :whistle:

Wow 25 tanks I could only dream. Its taken a lot of hard work and agroe to get my husband to agree for me to get a second tank of 350 litres as he thinks one is fine errr NO

We have two tanks. A goldfish tank for my little girl. And our adult tank with tropicals.
Finding nemo (goldfish) has probably had the best part of £150 spent on him in 6 months including tank (child's tank) etc.
The adult tank, which we have had less than a week has had the best part of £200 spent.
I bet I will get to the stage where I don't want to open the bank statements!!

ryan-peddle said:
Update just hit the 3000$ mark lol and Iam excited about it lol sad?

Hahahah it's not sad! Hahaha it's wondeful!! And it shows how much we care about fish! Where most people consider fish as food, but we consider them as a friend :)

with all my calculations written down and cross referenced, the way i figure it is ,if i spend another 50 cents id be broke,....actually,..i probably have 3 grand tied up so far,...but ,.im not done yet!!!!

with all my calculations written down and cross referenced, the way i figure it is ,if i spend another 50 cents id be broke,....actually,..i probably have 3 grand tied up so far,...but ,.im not done yet!!!!
i hear ya since i started i saved all my recipts and when i get home i put the items on excell and get the new total daily sometimes i want to other times iam scared lol. when my tv and my canopy broke at the same time can you guess what i bought first?? lol

ryan-peddle said:
i hear ya since i started i saved all my recipts and when i get home i put the items on excell and get the new total daily sometimes i want to other times iam scared lol. when my tv and my canopy broke at the same time can you guess what i bought first?? lol

Lol,....yea,..I got a small bowl that I started to put all my receipts into,..well that sucker filled up way to quick,..now,..I don't even wanna know....thank god I think I got all my hardware issues taken care of,...now it's just frags etc....it's a vicious hobby huh?

vicious on the wallet lol but ive learned alot wouldnt go back finally got everything the way i want it with the fish i want it took about 2 years but i guess were never done thats why its called a hobby

You know its really bad when you have thoughts of robbing a 711 to get your AquaFix. lol

Hate to think of the number. I've dropped about $500 just in the last two weeks setting up a couple of extra freshwater tanks and probably another $300 resetting the Biocube (reef). That is just this month...not sure of totals overall.

On top of that, when I was in my LFS yesterday getting a new heater, I wandered over to the corals. They have this really nice looking multi-colonied (so multi-colored) Zoa that would be perfect for the Biocube...for $125.00. My only saving point is the fact that the cube is still cycling. Glad that drool is more or less invisible on the floor of a fish store :)

Back
Top Bottom