How much time do you spend viewing your aquarium(s)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ninjo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so I wouldn't say obsessed is the right word but I spend a lot if time looking at my 75 gal my fiancé says I spend too much time reading and looking at the aquarium. Granted I am new but I pretty much have changed my spot to just sit I front of it when I'm home.

A lot, like over 3 hour a day.. I have 4 in my living room so the tv is on but I'm watching them.. I get up and do my round of the 4.. I stalk my fry and love to check how my pregnancies are going along.. I'm pretty much addicted..

This post made me smile. When I was a (very tormented) teenager, I had my first tropical aquarium. That aquarium kept me sane, I swear! My mom would find me sitting there watching the fish at 2:00 in the morning. While I don't do anything like that now, I still find that staring into one of my aquariums can calm my nerves (unless something is wrong in there--then I'm glad to notice it). I bet I spend an average of 15 minutes a day just sitting and watching one or all of them (I have five running currently--yikes). In addition to learning about what is normal and not normal behavior in your fish, one learns a great deal about nature from watching an aquarium. It also alerts you to potential problems.

Enjoy yourself! Tell your girlfriend that you are doing biological studies. :brows:

My tank is still cycling but I catch myself sitting in front of it starring and daydreaming about what may be there soon.:whistle:

I have gone from following anywhere from 3-4 tv shows at a time to none.. Any free time in my apt is spent with my tanks! Until my gf yells at me to pay attention to her haha. I love my tanks!

A lot. Never really timed it but it does take quite a bit of my time. As I stare, I think about things going on with the tank. But it also brings me to a "peaceful place" where I can think about other things.

This is a healthy activity (unless it is taking time away from things you NEED to be doing). Studies have shown that aquarium viewing can help lower your blood pressure and reduce stress.

I always thought that I'm not watching my tanks enough, now I know I'm not watching my tanks enough. Roughly an hour a day I'm going to raise that to three hours a day.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I spend too much time staring at my tanks Lol my big tank sits next to my tv so I usually find myself looking at that instead wondering what i can change next. My husband says i pay more attention to my tank's than him!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom