how much time to you spend watching your tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to watch them for at least an hour a day. With my crazy schedule and so much going on I haven't really been able to do that lately. I do try to watch the 55 for at least 15 minutes per day. My cat does the rest of the watching for me. I bet she's sitting next to it watching for at least 4 hours a day.

I'm fortunate in that both of my tanks are in a direct sight line with both the TV and my desktop. This allows me to become transfixed (distracted?) with the tanks while I'm typing responses here at AA or watching TV. :)

At least 2 hrs a day or more! It's how I unwind after a stressful day at work, either on this site for inspiration or staring at my tanks and dreaming of the next aquascape :)

I don't watch my 55g too much unless the kribs have fry with them, mostly because the tank is in a room I don't go into much. I inspect my planted tanks every time I walk by, and I make special trips to visit them too. My little 2.5 g is the most interesting. I love watching the plants and the inverts grow. My betta flares at me if I stay too long though. Jerk.
I even watch the bare 10 g snail breeding tank in my bedroom for at leat 15 mins before bed. It's fun to watch them pile on top of the wafers.

I've never though about how much time I watch them. At least an hour. And many more hours thinking about them.

I have a large cushy chair that sits in front of my tanks and I usually watch them for a long time when I get home from work. Then again after dinner. They a really long time before I go to bed. What can I say... I'm addicted.

I spend at least an hour a day, I come and I sit in front of the tank....and then completely forget what it was that I needed to that day. I spend more time watching my tank, then I do watching tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom