How my wife views me as a fishkeeper (funny)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Make the ground floor the aquarium and move every thing else up a floor :) ;)

Haha smart! I'll have a special room where I can swim with the fishys! I did seriously tell my wife when we build our house I'm gonna add a 24'x24' square in the center and plumb it for a huge tank! She said I was crazy

Lol, my river is patent pending for self sufficient housing and aquaculture systems, long story, but once that clears I promise I'll post. This was not a river built into a house- this was a house built into a river :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol, my river is patent pending for self sufficient housing and aquaculture systems, long story, but once that clears I promise I'll post. This was not a river built into a house- this was a house built into a river :) Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app
I'm listening......

Lol, my river is patent pending for self sufficient housing and aquaculture systems, long story, but once that clears I promise I'll post. This was not a river built into a house- this was a house built into a river :)

That sounds hard to do! But sounds very cool!

I've been working on this project since I was in Junior High, lol. Using property I managed to get for a steal in the middle of nowhere I have a mountain tributary- I built my structure by tunneling underground. Hydroelectric is almost complete, from that I added a hydroponic system to the run off. I'm built under the frost line and incredibly I don't need traditional heating at all, even in 9 degree fahrenheit cold!! I just managed to score an investor a few months ago- I should be done by 2016 if I can stick to schedule, crossing my fingers no more snow storms dropping 2 feet of snow!! I'm behind by a week because of them.

Lol. This is a great thread. Just a couple weeks ago my husband was home alone and the UPS guy brought a fairly large box. About 5 minutes later, the doorbell rings, and it's the UPS guy, saying he delivered the package to the wrong address and needs it back. My husband laughed and said he had not even botheres to look at the name on the box when it was delivered because he assumed it was just another box full of fish crap that I had ordered.
Thinking I might need to start getting stuff shipped to work now instead :p

Lol. This is a great thread. Just a couple weeks ago my husband was home alone and the UPS guy brought a fairly large box. About 5 minutes later, the doorbell rings, and it's the UPS guy, saying he delivered the package to the wrong address and needs it back. My husband laughed and said he had not even botheres to look at the name on the box when it was delivered because he assumed it was just another box full of fish crap that I had ordered.

Haha that's very funny!

That's awesome

My dad and brother will do that then when I get home( I work a later shift at the family store than them) they have the box on the kitchen table waiting for me with them sitting there acting as if it's Christmas and all eyes are on me.....

I think my best bet to convince my fiancee is to just build a fish room. That way I can put all the tanks in there and she doesn't have to see them all over the house.

She likes the fish, but doesn't understand how I can burn up 30 minutes just watching my tank.

Haha smart! I'll have a special room where I can swim with the fishys! I did seriously tell my wife when we build our house I'm gonna add a 24'x24' square in the center and plumb it for a huge tank! She said I was crazy

I want to do this soooo bad. I'd have to keep cold water fish though, no way I'm heating all that water.

Back
Top Bottom