How my wife views me as a fishkeeper (funny)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love snakes :)

I often see them on my bike ride. I watch out for them so as to not squish them - they like sleeping on the gravel path.

That many snakes where you ride?

Oh man thats tough...

My husband tells me I spend too much time on the fish and that I keep their home nicer than I keep our house... lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I get that from my hubby too.

Or I get the "You over did it today working on the tanks didn't you?" when I'm curled up on the couch with the heating pad, pain killers and have told him dinner is leftovers. :whistle:

I get that from my hubby too. Or I get the "You over did it today working on the tanks didn't you?" when I'm curled up on the couch with the heating pad, pain killers and have told him dinner is leftovers. :whistle:
Or having a couple adult beverages to numb the back up so you can trim one more plant, than finding a crime scene the next morning, scissors here, plant trimming in the freezer.. What did I do.?!?

shut the light off and put a few boxes of cereal around it, make sure its a kind your gf hates. . . you just bought yourself a solid 2 months of cover.
If only it were that easy, last week I was doing a water change while making dinner, turned my back for a second, splish splash, 2 gal if water washed the pics and schhhtufffff off the fridge.. Ohh boy was I in trouble... I bought a 5.5 gal that I can really hide in my clothes shelf for my new qt/hospy tank :winning: :) ;)

I get that from my hubby too.

Or I get the "You over did it today working on the tanks didn't you?" when I'm curled up on the couch with the heating pad, pain killers and have told him dinner is leftovers. :whistle:

Or having a couple adult beverages to numb the back up so you can trim one more plant, than finding a crime scene the next morning, scissors here, plant trimming in the freezer.. What did I do.?!?

So funny...lol I definitely relate...

Here's my day...

.....After a totally stupid commercial on TV for men to buy Valentines day gifts for their wife... So I don't get any half dead roses or strange pajamas...

Wife says what would you like for Valentine's day, honey?
Nothing... what do you want?
Probably fish and shrimp. And some See's candy.

Don't you have enough fish?...... or do they just die and you need to buy more?

Ah, sometimes they die for various reasons, but not that often. Just trying to get the right combination to make me happy.

Oh, if it makes you happy... :D
30 years and still going!

.....After a totally stupid commercial on TV for men to buy Valentines day gifts for their wife... So I don't get any half dead roses or strange pajamas... Wife says what would you like for Valentine's day, honey? Nothing... what do you want? Probably fish and shrimp. And some See's candy. Don't you have enough fish?...... or do they just die and you need to buy more? Ah, sometimes they die for various reasons, but not that often. Just trying to get the right combination to make me happy. Oh, if it makes you happy... :D 30 years and still going!
what's your address? I'm sending some kissing gouramis!!!!

I live alone. I still have the option of waterproofing a whole room and stocking it with fish. This thread has given me some laughs though.

So anyway, my niece told me that she thought she saw me in town the other day but never sang out because i walked past the fish shop and she thought it must not be me. I told her that I had to pay rent which is only 100 metres from the LFS so i was getting there before it closed. The LFS closes 1/2 hour later and i was not going to be out in time to pay rent otherwise. She missed a trip to the pet shop with her Uncle (she often visits he LFS with me but she is more interested in creatures with fur or feathers).

My sister tends to forecast me getting sick of tanks fairly soon. I have kept one tank for about 7 years with a religion forming for me about weekly 50% WC. I have been buying a whole lot more tanks & fish recently though. I had mistakenly thought that keeping tropical fish would be harder than Cold water fish. I pointed out that last weekend they never had a bird or an aviary at their house. This week they have a biggish cage inside with 4 budgies and she wants me to keep an eye out for large averies for sale locally now for her so she can get 5-6 more and begin her breeding operation. I predict she will tire of budgies when she finds a mouse in their food.

I love this! My boyfriends and I's dates always end with us at the LFS planning our huge tanks for our house once we are married...

I love this! My boyfriends and I's dates always end with us at the LFS planning our huge tanks for our house once we are married...

I wish I could find someone that likes tagging along to the lfs. Every time I suggest it to family, they develop a very pained look!

Back
Top Bottom