Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-01-2006, 12:39 PM   #31
AA Team Emeritus

My family is no fun anymore. Although the wife doesn't mind my expenses. At least I'm spending at home.

No one ever even looks in the tank too much. I've had the lights off timer once and no one even noticed and told me that lights were on at 6:30 in the morining.

Well, at least I can spend like I want. They seem to enjoy it when we have company and can show it off. That's all.

We'll see. Got a couple major family gatherings between now and EOY that I'm sure will keep SOME interest up. After that... well maybe I'll trade it in for a boat and only look for the edible fish and crabs instead in the Chesapeake Bay. 8)

Old 11-01-2006, 12:55 PM   #32
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Nah, I think you just need a bigger tank....somewhere around 500Gallons, they will notice it then!

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:57 PM   #33
AA Team Emeritus

Old 11-01-2006, 05:38 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Freak

I guess I never realized how lucky I am. My wife likes the tank and is the first to ask a guest at our house to look at it. She doesn't complain when I go to the LFS (and she knows I'm coming home with something). I enjoy the hobby and she knows it makes me happy.

Although I don't think I'll be asking about a 12th tank for a long time. ( Cuz I'm in love..........with my house )
Old 11-01-2006, 07:27 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well when I say on the phone in the office: "I am going to the fish store after work" She'll say:"What?! Again?!" Because she knows I am going on a spending spree again...
Old 11-01-2006, 08:03 PM   #36
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Quote:
Originally Posted by weekf
Well when I say on the phone in the office: "I am going to the fish store after work" She'll say:"What?! Again?!" Because she knows I am going on a spending spree again...
Ask her to go with you......

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:11 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have brought her together and my son there many many times even the LFS beautiful giant reef tank still can't impress her. Anyway I try to limit bringing her to the LFS since she can remember most of the products' price!!! I can't mark down the price of an item I buy in future if she sees how much they cost in the shop!!!

The other time she went there and saw the cleaner shrimp cost AUD$150.00 Then almost 1/2 year I bought another shrimp home and was thinking of marking this down to $80.00 but before I open my mouth when I reached home she said:"Isn't that the shrimp that cost $150.00???" now go figure if I ever want to bring her to the LFS again... but I still do though because I would like to draw her into the hobby as well but just seems impossible.

Well about my son, he is 2 and half years old wouldn't know anything about fish but he likes to cuddle the shopowner's cat. That's the only reason he likes to go there. Whenever I say: "Let's go to the fish store" My son will be the first one waiting me by the door.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:32 PM   #38
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
weekf wrote:
Ask her to go with you......
OK. Leave her home. I see your point now. 8)
Old 11-01-2006, 09:35 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Quote:
Originally Posted by An t-iasg

Zagz - a 12th tank!?!?!?!
Well you see, it is a necessity. I used to have a tank in my bedroom and in this new house I don't. I figure it is easier to buy a new tank and set it up rather than move one from another part of the house. :P Am I rationalizing too much?

My husband doesn't do water changes but then again, I rather enjoy my time in the tanks so he feels he might be intruding. If I need help he helps but otherwise, he talks to the fish and watches them.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:50 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to vsnsofadrgn
great thread. my b/f is supposrtive, hes even buying the upgrade. we even go to all the lfs about once a month for the day, just the 2 of us. of course, he didnt care too much at first, just if i was happy, lol. now, hes like 'oh, can we have that, oh can we have this'. hes even got 'his own shrimp' in there (cbs). he even helps me with the water changes. he doesnt care how much it costs as long as i buy it, LOL. im kidding, he helps out if i really need something. we are financially challanged, lol. then again, i suppost all of his animals, (we have ALOT: 3 dogs, a kitty, bearded dragon, tortise, 2 snakes, 3 ferrets, 2 fw tanks) so we are balanced! we love animals!

hope dies last
vsnsofadrgn is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com