how to build a waterfall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxmoorishmanxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
i am building a reptile habitat and i want to build my own waterfall, i was wonderin if any of you could help with links, or give some advice.

TIA

JOSH

Well what i was planning was a large pool on the ground. (this is for arboreal animals). i have a large piece of driftwood but the height is about 18in. i wan the falls to come from this height.

If you pipe water from a standard fountain pump and then at the top of the driftwood conceal (or not) some kind of vessel that as the water filled from the small water hose that comes with the pump it would spill over the edge of the vessel in a waterfall fashion. This would work especially well with a rectangular garden planting pot, some of which are relatively small, but would spill in a wide pattern.

if i want to conceal the pump is there an easy way to create a path or canal to a smaller hiiden pool. also if i use a piece of boat shaped drift wood at the top of the center piece (the big driftwood) would you think that this would work for spreading out the falls.

The pump would have to be down in the pool of water, so just hide it behind the drift wood, or again use rocks or anything to cover it up.

-brent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom