How to convince my dad to let me get a tank at his house??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone! My birthday is in 5 days and my dad wanted to know what I want.... I told him a fish tank. I have 4 at my mom's, but none at his house. He doesn't think fish are good pets. He said that they are boring and sit in a tank all day and that if one thing gets messed up, they all die. He is definitely wrong. Because i'm a teen and easily bored, I can prove that they aren't boring. But I need help proving his other points wrong. What should I say?
He wants other things that I like, but that is the thing I like most and what I want most.

Say: fish are not boring otherwise they wouldn't be at big aquirums near capitals for example Atlanta aquirum. I can even make my fish do tricks like go through hoop. Video on YouTube showing. Also they are fun to watch! I'm responsible and have other ones. Done. Thats what I would say IMO

Fishie said:
Say: fish are not boring otherwise they wouldn't be at big aquirums near capitals for example Atlanta aquirum. I can even make my fish do tricks like go through hoop. Video on YouTube showing. Also they are fun to watch! I'm responsible and have other ones. Done. Thats what I would say IMO

Thanks for the reply! I'll try that on him tomorrow but he is like a brick wall!

Lol ok if that doesn't work tell my I could write a 4 page essay on that literally.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Move one tank to your dads house.....

That would work and would cost less but I think he wants one as a birthday present.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Move one tank to your dads house.....

But my dad doesn't want me to have one at his house because of the reasons above

Also they protect the house convict s at least does. Parrot cichlid are very interactive with people

Fishie said:
Also they protect the house convict s at least does. Parrot cichlid are very interactive with people

How do convicts protect the house? And yes, parrots are very interactive. But my dad doesn't want me to get a tank at all. I can't imagine what I would have to do for him to let me get a tank big enough for parrots or convicts. What size tank do they need?

As much as i love fish i still think id rather have a dog.

Homer8 said:

Lol but you don't have to take fish on walks and fish don't fart or have horrible breath

Ya i would much rather have a dog then fish. If you really think abt it dogs are easier to take care of. Easy to feed, walks arent too hard, and you know when they are sick! But fish are cool to!

Why dont you just bring the tank to his house and set it up for a weekend and if he hates it, take it back but odds are he will like the tank

maxwellag said:
Lol but you don't have to take fish on walks and fish don't fart or have horrible breath

But your not mentioning the 1000 posative things about dogs, mans best friend ;) a agree homer. As mich as i love fish, i highly doubt i vould teach my angel to open every gate in the backyard :D

maxwellag said:
How do convicts protect the house? And yes, parrots are very interactive. But my dad doesn't want me to get a tank at all. I can't imagine what I would have to do for him to let me get a tank big enough for parrots or convicts. What size tank do they need?

55G or it depend really what environment thy will maybe grow into it.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Don't convince him. Butter him up and then ask him. It usually works on my parents :)

I dont think he will appreciate you throwing butter on him ;)

Gboy66 said:
I dont think he will appreciate you throwing butter on him ;)

Lol. I think his dad would think he would be getting ate because "butter em up and eat em"

Homer8 said:

Lol!! I have two dogs, 2 guinea pigs and a chinchilla and 8 tanks including my hermit crabs. I love all my animals but trust me when I say this my fish are definitely the easiest of all my animals to care for!! You don't have to worry about 100's of dollars of vet bills and yearly shots licenses and tags every year! Plus fish can't chew up your favorite comforter or shoes or wake you up in the middle of the night barfing cuz they got into something they shouldn't have!! I wouldn't trade any of my animals I love them all and I'm glad I have them but IMO my fish are the easiest to care for. :)

Back
Top Bottom