Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #21
come get me tang police!

Just tell her you want it and you are planning to get it. Spend your money and get it. You aren't married yet, and if she has some huge issue with you getting something that you want, then just imagine what it'll be like after you get married.

If its shared money, then she has every right to make it a joint venture, so if she says no, then you'll have to go back to the drawing board.

If she has a valid reason why you shouldn't, like, if the cost isn't feasible at the moment, or something, then you'll have to accept that. Whatever you do, even if you disagree with her response, you need to have respect for it, whether it changes your plan or not.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

Yeah it's just I have found a complete 90 gallon system with refugium, t5 lighting, skimmer drilled tank, stand and all pumps and powerheads for 200 dollars near my house. I want to get it even if I have to store it for awhile, all I would have to do is upgrade the lighting system and maybe replace any equipment that may be out dated. I already have my nano reef up and running for awhile. She's really liking it and starting to come around. She says she wants too see my perculas have babies like finding nemo... I know I know lol. It's all my money that I'm spending too, she also really likes regal tangs but I told her we need alot more room for one. I had a small regal tang years ago in my 72 gallon, very awesome fish. I may be well on my way again!

Old 07-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

I guess I got lucky - I just bought everything and set it up - then when my bf got home, I was like "look what I bought you!" lol. He probably wouldn't have wanted it if I asked but now that it's already here he likes it and already wants another larger tank.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzy
I guess I got lucky - I just bought everything and set it up - then when my bf got home, I was like "look what I bought you!" lol. He probably wouldn't have wanted it if I asked but now that it's already here he likes it and already wants another larger tank.
Rofl, that's definitely the best way to do it! Lol. Make her think it's for her!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey View Post
Just tell her you want it and you are planning to get it. Spend your money and get it. You aren't married yet, and if she has some huge issue with you getting something that you want, then just imagine what it'll be like after you get married.

If its shared money, then she has every right to make it a joint venture, so if she says no, then you'll have to go back to the drawing board.

If she has a valid reason why you shouldn't, like, if the cost isn't feasible at the moment, or something, then you'll have to accept that. Whatever you do, even if you disagree with her response, you need to have respect for it, whether it changes your plan or not.
Definately agreed. My fiance isn't happy with my wanting multiple tanks and thinks it's an endless money pit so i have to put my plans on hold.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
imagine getting divorced over an aquarium lol
Old 07-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackteck View Post
imagine getting divorced over an aquarium lol
Don't you put a hex on me! lol
Old 07-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Activist

I mean, I doubt the situation could be that severe. If your wife leaves you because of an aquarium then obviously you've got other issues. I just don't see what the big deal is - aquariums add a serene beauty to a room, I don't see how she wouldn't like it. and it's not like she would be doing any of the work. The only reason I can see this causing any marital issues is if you guys are having money issues
Old 07-12-2011, 03:59 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzy View Post
I mean, I doubt the situation could be that severe. If your wife leaves you because of an aquarium then obviously you've got other issues. I just don't see what the big deal is - aquariums add a serene beauty to a room, I don't see how she wouldn't like it. and it's not like she would be doing any of the work. The only reason I can see this causing any marital issues is if you guys are having money issues

That's the one downfall of this hobby, so expensive.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:13 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

I quit smoking just to get into this hobby!! And I feel great and my house looks even better with this tank!!

Tags
reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com