Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Freak

they just called back and said they have me entered into the system and i can start working. they have me starting on thursday, but i think the first couple days are computer training.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:05 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thing fish View Post
they just called back and said they have me entered into the system and i can start working. they have me starting on thursday, but i think the first couple days are computer training.
That's funny, I didn't know fish knew how to use computers. Good luck on your new job.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:34 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sager View Post
That's funny, I didn't know fish knew how to use computers. Good luck on your new job.
I used to have the fishy screen saver on my Packard bell!!! Blublub

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 05-26-2015, 12:50 AM   #44
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sager View Post

Maybe have to watch 'finding nemo' 10 times...?
Old 05-26-2015, 12:38 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookster123 View Post
I used to have the fishy screen saver on my Packard bell!!! Blublub

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Yes, but could they use the mouse????? Mine were always swimming in the one direction. I wanted to see something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delapool View Post
Maybe have to watch 'finding nemo' 10 times...?
I thought that was on TV?
Old 05-26-2015, 01:19 PM   #46
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

you may have these good intentions and ideas .... but yes I said but it will be almost impossible to change things , things may go ok when your there but when your off what you think will happen things will go back to the old ways , hate to say it but no one cares about what you think , in other words don't kill yourself or stress over a big box store and there policy's , cause things are not going to change they might tell you they'll back you but at the end of the day things didn't change in the least ,
it's nice to know you care but it's a lost cause sorry dude
been there done that
Old 05-26-2015, 03:17 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
you may have these good intentions and ideas .... but yes I said but it will be almost impossible to change things , things may go ok when your there but when your off what you think will happen things will go back to the old ways , hate to say it but no one cares about what you think , in other words don't kill yourself or stress over a big box store and there policy's , cause things are not going to change they might tell you they'll back you but at the end of the day things didn't change in the least ,
it's nice to know you care but it's a lost cause sorry dude
been there done that
I am about the furthest thing from a "Rah-Rah" kind of guy there is but here's something to think about: Change, any change, is started by one person with an idea.
Think about this: Where would we be if Bell gave up after his first attempt at the phone? Edison with his light bulb? Columbus when he set sail to the edge of the flat globe? S. Jobs with his computer or Gates with Microsoft? Everyone told these people they were nuts or crazy. But what has happened because they tried?
Sadly, and gladly, I have seen both the positives and negatives of our hobby and the business. Both have had extremes. We all want to complain about the way things are yet how many do anything about it? Here's someone, the OP, trying to do something about it. Whether he fails or succeeds, he's doing something to hopefully elicit change and that should be applauded not dampened. The best way to elicit change is from within a company. Maybe you worked for a company that was short sighted? Maybe the management has changed if you worked at the same place the OP is starting? Maybe enough time has passed that a new way of thinking is part of the company's business model? Any of these things are possible.

Unfortunately, our country, (the U.S.) runs on bad news. If you don't believe me, watch your local newscast and count how many positive stories are told vs negative ones. You may be surprised. But what if you could take a negative and turn it into a positive? Say the OP does eventually get the ear of the right person, and makes a suggestion that benefits both the fish and the customers and the store all at the same time? I would think that would perk up some ears. What if it didn't? There are ways of announcing to the community that the store refused to help it's customers in favor of higher short term profits. The internet, the news, the newspaper, peaceful protests are just a few. ( Let's hope it doesn't come to that ) What if the OP becomes such an asset to the company but the only way to keep him is to make some changes? Will it have been worth it? Change doesn't happen immediately but over time. In the meantime, the fish and livestock will have someone there who at least knows enough about them to care for them. That, to me, is a win.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:05 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Freak

i am curious to see how they respond to me advising shutting down of sales from the group of 12 that has ich. i cannot agree to sell fish from those tanks until the problem is cleared up.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:10 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

How to Improve Big Pet Store Chains

Quote:
Originally Posted by thing fish View Post
i am curious to see how they respond to me advising shutting down of sales from the group of 12 that has ich. i cannot agree to sell fish from those tanks until the problem is cleared up.

I imagine not Too well. Especially the long process of ich removal.

Caleb
Old 05-26-2015, 08:18 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Freak

well, this could end up being very short-lived, if that is the case. we will just have to see how it goes. they hired me to get the department back in order.

Tags
big, store

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com