how to talk them into it lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lt.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I want to get a 40-55 gallon freshwater tank, hut dad says no, because I've been having problems with my current tank, a 20 gal. But I think that getting a 55 would help help solve my problems. I could get a bigger variety of fish to make the tank a little more self sufficient. He also says I've got no room for it in my room, but I know i can My room by taking down my old one (i see no need for two at once) an putting more stuff in my closet. As for money, I can set up the tank now for 150-175$ and leave it for a month or so to cycle while I save and look at what to stock it with. So, is this a logical argument, am I missing something, and should I upgrade to begin with?

Upgrading in size is always good since it gives you more stable water parameters. Have you offered to do some extra chores around the house for it? If you are going to fund the tank setup on your own in your room it shouldn't be to tough of an argument. How old are you by the way if you don't mind?

im 25 and my pops was tellin me no at first for my 30, my 5, and my 10 salt bc of all the electrical equipment, once he saw it set up he likes is and now my mom wants me to set her up one in her bedroom. I should of saved all my money and moved out lol.

TommyP said:
im 25 and my pops was tellin me no at first for my 30, my 5, and my 10 salt bc of all the electrical equipment, once he saw it set up he likes is and now my mom wants me to set her up one in her bedroom. I should of saved all my money and moved out lol.

Ya then you could have all the tanks you want....I think its time too leave the nest bud, gotta be crampin the love life lol ;)

Good luck with it all! My mom wasn't too keen on getting my 'big' 29 gallon. But when she sees it now, it's growing on her.

My parents Were pissed when I set mine up while they were t work but when I took then to the LFS and old them to pick a fish they were hooked!

The last one I had at my parents house my dad hated. My husband had gotten it for my our an anniversary present. We were living with my parents at the time and my dad is one of those people who don't like unnecessary lights on. He would always complain that the lights/filter was using energy, but he would always say oh it's so calming or liked to watch the fish.

I don't see why you can't have one in your room as long as you are using your own money to buy it and keep it going. Just tell them your plans and tell them if they say no tell them to give you a valid reason why not.

Back
Top Bottom