How? Why? What?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlani

Aquarium Advice Addict
How long have you been keeping fish? Why did you start? What keeps you going with it? Just curious what everyones experience with their tanks has been. I know for myself I've had a tank in the house from when I was a little kid 5-6. My dad kept piranhas in a 180gal. Won't speak of the lessons I learned fast with those fish. Lol! As an adult it was my eldest daughter that got me back into the hobby. I bought her a 35gal for Christmas one year. That was 15 years ago now. My son has recently gotten me back into it once again.( He's 8 ) So now we have a 35 in storage a 65 and a 46gal up and running. I'm housebound with nerve damage to my brain and I find the fish to be tranquil to watch. I get lost in their colors and find their movements almost hypnotic. I guess in a way I feel like I can relate to them being stuck in a place. I just hope to give them all they need to be happy little fishies. I think I also enjoy the learning that comes with this particular hobby. There are so many species and endless possibilities for the communities you can create. Like my own little Atlantis LOL! How about you guys? Or is it too personal a question for a forum? I've never been in one so I'm not quite sure whats right or not?

When I was young I would always have atleast one betta in a bowl in the house I lived in. Four months back, I decided to buy my betta a 1.5 gallon aquarium instead of keeping him in a bowl. Now he is in a heated, filtered 10 gallon aquarium. He seems very happy. :)

What keeps me going is my fish, I try to make them as comfortable as possible. Seeing them healthy makes me happy.

When I was 4-6, National Geographic had an offer. 20$ for a small tank, which if memory serves, was somewhere around the size of a minibow 2.5

It said to be stocked with a betta or guppies, I picked a betta.

My mother went into labor and went to the hospital to deliver my baby brother. I forgot to feed my fish, and he passed away.

Last year, I decided to get back into fish. I got a 29 Gallon, and got cichlids.

I now have upgraded the 29 to a 40 breeder. I also have a 2.5 gallon betta tank, a 10 gallon tropical tank, and a 45 gallon reef.

Welcome to forum-ing. I hope fish help you with your nerve injury, that is the worst type of injury IMO. I read somewhere that people with various nerve and mental brain disorders were receiving a therapy where they sat in front of a large freshwater aquarium for 4 hours a day, and had huge improvements.

This is a great forum with nice people, you'll love it.

QP

Back
Top Bottom