How would you spend $500?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coolbeenes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
If you had $500 dollars to spend on a tank, how would you spend it?

Tank, equipment, lighting, stocking, etc?

Finally embark on the saltwater aquarium adventure , 29 gallon coral life biocube !!

A high tech 75 gal freshwater planted. Rainbows, Angels, cories, snails, and some other stuff.

Buy a few adjustable floor jacks for my basement, LOL.

I want a 100+ tank but I'm not sure this old house can take that weight. The consequences would be disasterous.

Show me!

Lol I would say your nuts!!! You can have a top of the line setup for under 200
Who said anything about spending ALL the $500 on the CO2 system? If I had that money, the first PART of it would be a good CO2 system.
Show me a top of the line automatic CO2 system with good pH controller, timer/solenoid, 5# tank and diffuser for $200.
As far as crazy? Many would say we aquarist are ALL crazy for spending the money we do on something with such little resale value. LOL. Yeah I'm crazy! But enjoying my rampant insanity. OS.

Who said anything about spending ALL the $500 on the CO2 system? If I had that money, the first PART of it would be a good CO2 system.
Show me a top of the line automatic CO2 system with good pH controller, timer/solenoid, 5# tank and diffuser for $200.
As far as crazy? Many would say we aquarist are ALL crazy for spending the money we do on something with such little resale value. LOL. Yeah I'm crazy! But enjoying my rampant insanity. OS.

Haha your completely and 100% correct!

Im starting to think im crazy.... Im 15 and could be putting the $1000ish dollars i have into this hobby into a dirtbike or something else lol. But its addicting. With $500 i could easily find a 265-300g complete setup on craigslist. Then get a pair of umbee or festae for it.

I've got a nice 125 cichlid setup that including everything paid <400

So really there are many options. Depends what you want. You could set up a smaller awesome marine tank or a larger cichlid or even goldfish tank.

Attachments

• image-864834851.jpg
    image-864834851.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 108
I would get a cheap 150 gallon off of Craig's list for a giant gourami ( my dream fish lol )

Back
Top Bottom