Huge new basement tank!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sumphead

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well no, not exactly. I found about 7" of water in my basement this evening. Yes, this is the same basement I finished just a few weeks ago. Sump pump failure. I am still shaking my head.

Grrr and now my pictures didn't work BAH! I figure a few grand in damages. Fortunately my furnace and water heater were underwater yet uneffected.

I still can't see my own pics, but then again I couldn't see some on another post earlier. *shrugs*. I'm going to bed maybe tomorrow will work out a little better!

Hey, I can see the pics... sorry to hear about the problem though... It is good the furnace and stuff is ok... hope it all works out for you...

Thanks guys, I feel better this morning even though I have a lotta work ahead of me. It look as though if the dehumidifier and floor fans work out and dry wall damage I may have the damage limited to about $1500 with a new pump system. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed on the carpet that is only a month old. If all works well I wont even have to claim it on the insurance. But if there any of the great people on here with experience I would love some DOs and DONTs pointers. thanks agin for the wonderfull AA support.

R-

Man that is terrible!!!
I hope you get it all fixed back up and it doesnt cost ya an arm and a leg.
Good Luck.
:D

Oh my. I think that I would cry. Be thankful this was no on an upper level in the house. Then you would have to lose one of those arms. I hope it cleans up for you with out extra hassel.

Well I am on a short break of vacuuming with a new super duty 6.5 HP wet dry. Even after I got the pump working and all standing water off I have still suctioned another 100Gal. It looks as though I may lose the carpet and just might have to remove the bottom two feet of dry wall. UGG! I rented two industrial floor blowers and an industrial de-humidifier. With a new pump system and rental I am looking at close to a thousand without any counting the actual damages (kinda have to wait and see on that). Thanks again all for letting me vent.

Oh ans Ireilly, I did cry a little after working so hard to finish the basement anyway, but shhhhh don't tell anyone. :wink:

Awww, so sorry to hear it! I saw the title and I was like, "oooh! I want a big tank!" and I opened the post - and, well, the pity started pouring! Much agrieved to hear this foul turn of events. I truly hope it all works out. And vent anytime - not only does it make the rest of us more likely to do the same (always a good thing to release stress!) but it also can let (some of?) us see that some of our "problems" aren't all that bad.
best of luck! :)

Thanks again all. FWIW, I decided not to make the insurance claim, do the work myself and just take the losses. It appears I can save the carpet, though I did have to remove it and tear up the padding. After countless hours of hitting it with the wet vac the water was just still there. I pulled the carpet and tossed the pad I have it draped on my smith maching with a blower under it and the dehumidifier kicking. The drywall will be messy but fairly cheap work. Ahh there's nothing like an AA nightcap after a hard day. When the heck did I get so old?

R-

Sorry to hear that. I spent 9 months last year finishing ours. I feel your pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom