Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-06-2006, 07:26 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to greenmaji
I thought you guys had mostly brackish/salt water crocs down there?

Old 04-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't think we have crocs around here...just gators.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:26 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to PsiPro Send a message via MSN to PsiPro
Nope florida is one of the only places in the world alagators and crocs both live, however crocs are rare. They can be found all over in the estuaries, however I think they are most prevelant in Cape Canavaral (sorry i cant spell, where they shoot rockets off).

greenmaji: Before humans came down, the everglades extended from the south side of Lake Oka.. okach.. okachobee? (The big blue circle) to the south west side of florida ( where the everglads currently are). And gators (freshwater) lived everywhere there, now their habitat has been destroyed so they still lived everywhere. After they were almost hunted to extention they were put on endangered species list, now however they have more then recouped their losses. You cant shake a stick in the glads without hitting one of them. I have been cannoeing and had them swim along side me, thank god they see me as a 16foot gator, not a snack.

Evergaldes is an amazing ecosystem. Florida itself is fairly intrested, but I would love to live there more permenatly if the drivers were better, I spoke spanish better, and it were 10 degrees cooler year round.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:09 PM   #14

Gators gators and more gators... lol. "Okeechobee" i used to live down there.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:15 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to greenmaji
lol.. I did know quite a bit of that but thanks PsiPro

the US core of CE's are planing on giving a nice chunk of it back.. too bad its probilby going to flood the whole system with agricultural N

Tags
pleco

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com