Hurricane Dennis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bassetbros

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hurricane Dennis Update
July 7, 2005 - 8:30 a.m.
Location 17.5 N 74.9 W
Max Sustained Winds 105 MPH
Movement 10 MPH
Present prediction on track: Landfall Mobile Bay on Sunday around 13:00 (1:00 p.m.)

It looks like us folks in Alabama may be in for another landfall of a major hurricane. It seems like only yesterday that Ivan came to visit.

God Bless,
Basset

Attachments

• dennis4_20e.jpg
    dennis4_20e.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 25
good luck and stay safe! I think we're getting the remains of Cindy here in Western NC...lots of rain... blah

Its kind of strange that we're already upto the D's and its only the beginning of July. Last year it wasn't until August.

Good luck everyone ... stay safe! Hope you all got your battery backups ready to go!

I feel for you all, I was in the midddle of all three storms last year here in FL and it's not fun!

Throw some of the rain up this way. We are in a MAJOR drought. We got .6 of an inch last week and my dad was so happy that he actually took Sunday off of work. :D

Basset- I went to AL many moons ago to Dauphin Island. It was right after a hurricane, I'm wanting to say back in 96. Do you know if the Island is still in good shape? I was thinking of taking a vaca down there again next year.

I think you might be talking about hurricane Opal. As of right now, Dauphin Island is in pretty good shape...all except the west end which flooded after tropical storm Cindy. If Dennis holds it's course we're expecting major damage in that area. My brother lives and goes to school on the island so he's pretty busy getting everything secured.

God Bless,
Basset

I absolutely loved it there. It was so secluded and it wasn't commercialized. And all the street names were in Alphabetical order so you knew which way to start walking up or down the street. :D Beautiful place. Every morning and evening the view looked like a post card. Every afternoon we would walk over to the boats and buy shrimp straight off the dock. We did have issues with jelly fish and such, and the mosquito's were HUGE. But it really is beautiful down south.

Good Luck and I hope you don't get any major damage.

As of 11:00 pm Thursday, July 7th, Hurricane Dennis is a category 4 hurricane with maximum wins of 135 mph.

hey blazeherd...i love your avatar! we would love to get into a school of those guys!

well it looks like dennis is slowly moving eastward. that's good news for us in 'bama. The worst case for us would be landfall in the Gulfport/Biloxi area. I hate it for Florida...it looks like they're going to get kicked in the teeth by a major one again.

My avatar came from a print in a raffle we won at the Ed Dwyers Other Side (of the Gulf Stream) Invitational weigh-in. I have yet to catch a yellowfin, but my dad has gone to the other side about 6 times. We plan to make a trip to Lousiana and fish the rigs for yellowfin.

Back to Dennis. The projections do keep moving it eastward almost everytime they're updated, but the projections are almost always wrong.

We are in Turks and Caicos right now and Dennis spared us by a couple hundred miles....whew.
Be safe there in the gulf (and elsewhere in his path), our prayers are with you. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom