I am REAL Mad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow what has been going on all night!?!?! :biglol:

hold the phone here. how is some fist pumping reality show jerk tossing a live fish in a frying pan comparable to a fisherman catching, killing, and eating a fish?

Furthermore.. How does anyone know what is more painful (freezing or burning)? Last I checked, people who burn or freeze to death generally don't send critiques of their experience from the afterlife. I've had frostbite, and I've been burned.. Let me tell you, frostbite hurt, but the pain from being burnt was WAY worse.

Keeping ANY living thing under your care has moral implications, IMO. Killing for sport WITHOUT a noble purpose (ie. eating it) is wrong no matter what it is, fish, deer, dog, doesnt matter. I'm not against people eating any type of animal.. The food chain goes on. But tossing an aquarium fish into a searing hot frying pan knowing you aren't going to eat it? bull honkey. 100%.

+1 well said POS.

I have eaten a fish out of a tank before, tasted pretty good. My friend had a pacu that was too big for his tank, had to be close to 30lbs. He took it out cleaned it and threw it on the grill. No lfs would take it and why waste food? I dont agree on just taking a fish from a tank and eating it just because you want to be cool. Order a freaking pizza. I myself boycott anything that has to do with Mtv. After they stopped playing music, bevis and butthead and now the Jersey Shore.

Furthermore.. How does anyone know what is more painful (freezing or burning)? Last I checked, people who burn or freeze to death generally don't send critiques of their experience from the afterlife. I've had frostbite, and I've been burned.. Let me tell you, frostbite hurt, but the pain from being burnt was WAY worse.

Burning hurts more than freezing. I can write you a scientific paper on this, this is what I study.

Keeping ANY living thing under your care has moral implications, IMO. Killing for sport WITHOUT a noble purpose (ie. eating it) is wrong no matter what it is, fish, deer, dog, doesnt matter. I'm not against people eating any type of animal.. The food chain goes on. But tossing an aquarium fish into a searing hot frying pan knowing you aren't going to eat it? bull honkey. 100%.

Where is the line drawn? Aren't everyone under the "moral implication" of keeping the Earth, along with everything that's a part of it, alive? People care for fishes in the tank probably aren't laughing their butts off about the oil spill - if they care for the living things in their little glass tank, it would be illogical for them not to care for the living things in mankind's big ball known as Earth - so why is it okay for hundreds of thousands of fisherman to kill billions of fish from the ocean (some of which can be put in aquariums), but not for one man to kill one fish out of a tank? I'm not saying pulling a fish out of your tank is moral, but if you're saying that's not justifiable, then neither is fishing (or killing any animal).

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is the line drawn? Aren't everyone under the "moral implication" of keeping the Earth, along with everything that's a part of it, alive? People care for fishes in the tank probably aren't laughing their asses off about the oil spill - if they care for the living things in their little glass tank, it would be illogical for them not to care for the living things in mankind's big ball known as Earth - so why is it okay for hundreds of thousands of fisherman to kill millions of fish from the ocean (some of which can be put in aquariums), but not for one man to kill one fish out of a tank? I'm not saying pulling a fish out of your tank is justifiable, but if you're saying that's not moral, then neither is fishing (or killing any animal).

however, those fish caught in massive quantities by commercial fisherman are used to provide sustenance for people. if you were to go this far and say fishing for food is immoral, than you would have to say that a lion killing a zebra for food is wrong, or a small fish being eaten by a bigger fish is wrong. like said before somewhere in the thread, it is all part of the food chain. the only difference with us humans and commercial fishing is that the fish does not get immediately consumed, but rather collected and taken somewhere to be processed or distributed. so not only do these masses of fish caught feed people, but also provide a living for all involved in their capture, processing, and distribution. i would not call this immoral but a way of life. however, the guy on MTV taking a PET fish out of a tank and throwing it in a frying pan for his own pleasure or amusement, or those watching, is absolutely morally wrong. IMO of course :)

however, those fish caught in massive quantities by commercial fisherman are used to provide sustenance for people. if you were to go this far and say fishing for food is immoral, than you would have to say that a lion killing a zebra for food is wrong, or a small fish being eaten by a bigger fish is wrong. like said before somewhere in the thread, it is all part of the food chain. the only difference with us humans and commercial fishing is that the fish does not get immediately consumed, but rather collected and taken somewhere to be processed or distributed. so not only do these masses of fish caught feed people, but also provide a living for all involved in their capture, processing, and distribution. i would not call this immoral but a way of life. however, the guy on MTV taking a PET fish out of a tank and throwing it in a frying pan for his own pleasure or amusement, or those watching, is absolutely morally wrong. IMO of course :)

He didn't eat it? I wanna see this whole story...

I've edited 3 posts in this thread so far for foul language. The discussion is fine, but please refrain from using bad words in your arguments.

I think it is morally wrong to eat a pet fish just to put on a show. I really hope the guy eats the fish. I also hope the fish was treated for "Ich" or a bunch of other diseases. Serves him right and I hope he is not sensitive to "Copper" too....

I hope its a tang and he doesn't know about their razor barbs...they aren't called surgeonfish for nothing...

You need to remember that fish and humans arent the same. The most effective and humane way to euthanize a fish is by temperature shock. This is either dropping a fish in boiling water or near frozen water. It is an instant death.

Frying pan is just disgusting. I dont care if he was drunk or not. I get drunk and dont fry up my wifes bamboo shrimp, they do look like they would be tasty though.

What this guy did was wrong and I hope he catches heck from peta.

most effective and humane way to euthanize a fish is by temperature shock. This is either dropping a fish in boiling water or near frozen water. It is an instant death.

I thought the most humane way was clove oil and vodka? Then the fish just falls asleep and doesn't wake up.

Frying pan is just disgusting. I dont care if he was drunk or not. I get drunk and dont fry up my wifes bamboo shrimp, they do look like they would be tasty though.

What this guy did was wrong and I hope he catches heck from peta.

I agree with you there.

I think if he would have put it in water it at least wouldn't have been so bad. But he literally just threw it in the frying pan :( Poor fish

Wow i just logged on and caught this thread and now ill allow my opinion that will side with some others on here..

First off MTV is retarded and the producers probably had something to do with it (ex...scripting)

Second im a firm believer if your going to kill an animal you should eat/use it for your benefit and a believer that animals are on earth for our consumption/use (use can be taken many ways by me such as pet use which has led to longer lives..etc, its still use)

Third not all of us have seen the clip, nothing against the op but i dont like getting all worked up about something that ive never seen (and prob never will).

Those are my thoughts, but i figure i will stir the pot a little by saying, whats the diff. from this and taking a lobster from its tank and boiling it to eat? (lets say hypothetically the retard ate the fish he fried)

hold the phone here. how is some fist pumping reality show jerk tossing a live fish in a frying pan comparable to a fisherman catching, killing, and eating a fish?

Yep!

Well I looked for the clip but I can't find it. I will post it as soon as I can.

That is all I am going to say lol

You'll feel a lot better if you stop watching idiots on MTV... ;)

Sorry, had to say it! :p

Back
Top Bottom