Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict

wow what has been going on all night!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Officer Salamander View Post
hold the phone here. how is some fist pumping reality show jerk tossing a live fish in a frying pan comparable to a fisherman catching, killing, and eating a fish?

Furthermore.. How does anyone know what is more painful (freezing or burning)? Last I checked, people who burn or freeze to death generally don't send critiques of their experience from the afterlife. I've had frostbite, and I've been burned.. Let me tell you, frostbite hurt, but the pain from being burnt was WAY worse.

Keeping ANY living thing under your care has moral implications, IMO. Killing for sport WITHOUT a noble purpose (ie. eating it) is wrong no matter what it is, fish, deer, dog, doesnt matter. I'm not against people eating any type of animal.. The food chain goes on. But tossing an aquarium fish into a searing hot frying pan knowing you aren't going to eat it? bull honkey. 100%.
+1 well said POS.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have eaten a fish out of a tank before, tasted pretty good. My friend had a pacu that was too big for his tank, had to be close to 30lbs. He took it out cleaned it and threw it on the grill. No lfs would take it and why waste food? I dont agree on just taking a fish from a tank and eating it just because you want to be cool. Order a freaking pizza. I myself boycott anything that has to do with Mtv. After they stopped playing music, bevis and butthead and now the Jersey Shore.

Minimum requirements means minimum happiness.
Lowryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey, I liked Beavis and Butthead LOL.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice Addict

ditto dk! lol i still watch it on netflix
Old 08-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #45
AA Team Emeritus

Not to be a troll but along sickening topics of fish munching:
NOTICE: This video is pretty messed up. I wouldn't watch it if you have a weak stomach.

Eating A Deep Fried Fish That's Still Alive (VIDEO)

My bad on the language.
Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #46
agp
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Furthermore.. How does anyone know what is more painful (freezing or burning)? Last I checked, people who burn or freeze to death generally don't send critiques of their experience from the afterlife. I've had frostbite, and I've been burned.. Let me tell you, frostbite hurt, but the pain from being burnt was WAY worse.
Burning hurts more than freezing. I can write you a scientific paper on this, this is what I study.

Quote:
Keeping ANY living thing under your care has moral implications, IMO. Killing for sport WITHOUT a noble purpose (ie. eating it) is wrong no matter what it is, fish, deer, dog, doesnt matter. I'm not against people eating any type of animal.. The food chain goes on. But tossing an aquarium fish into a searing hot frying pan knowing you aren't going to eat it? bull honkey. 100%.
Where is the line drawn? Aren't everyone under the "moral implication" of keeping the Earth, along with everything that's a part of it, alive? People care for fishes in the tank probably aren't laughing their butts off about the oil spill - if they care for the living things in their little glass tank, it would be illogical for them not to care for the living things in mankind's big ball known as Earth - so why is it okay for hundreds of thousands of fisherman to kill billions of fish from the ocean (some of which can be put in aquariums), but not for one man to kill one fish out of a tank? I'm not saying pulling a fish out of your tank is moral, but if you're saying that's not justifiable, then neither is fishing (or killing any animal).
Old 08-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by agp View Post
Where is the line drawn? Aren't everyone under the "moral implication" of keeping the Earth, along with everything that's a part of it, alive? People care for fishes in the tank probably aren't laughing their asses off about the oil spill - if they care for the living things in their little glass tank, it would be illogical for them not to care for the living things in mankind's big ball known as Earth - so why is it okay for hundreds of thousands of fisherman to kill millions of fish from the ocean (some of which can be put in aquariums), but not for one man to kill one fish out of a tank? I'm not saying pulling a fish out of your tank is justifiable, but if you're saying that's not moral, then neither is fishing (or killing any animal).
however, those fish caught in massive quantities by commercial fisherman are used to provide sustenance for people. if you were to go this far and say fishing for food is immoral, than you would have to say that a lion killing a zebra for food is wrong, or a small fish being eaten by a bigger fish is wrong. like said before somewhere in the thread, it is all part of the food chain. the only difference with us humans and commercial fishing is that the fish does not get immediately consumed, but rather collected and taken somewhere to be processed or distributed. so not only do these masses of fish caught feed people, but also provide a living for all involved in their capture, processing, and distribution. i would not call this immoral but a way of life. however, the guy on MTV taking a PET fish out of a tank and throwing it in a frying pan for his own pleasure or amusement, or those watching, is absolutely morally wrong. IMO of course
Old 08-05-2010, 12:01 PM   #48
agp
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytron View Post
however, those fish caught in massive quantities by commercial fisherman are used to provide sustenance for people. if you were to go this far and say fishing for food is immoral, than you would have to say that a lion killing a zebra for food is wrong, or a small fish being eaten by a bigger fish is wrong. like said before somewhere in the thread, it is all part of the food chain. the only difference with us humans and commercial fishing is that the fish does not get immediately consumed, but rather collected and taken somewhere to be processed or distributed. so not only do these masses of fish caught feed people, but also provide a living for all involved in their capture, processing, and distribution. i would not call this immoral but a way of life. however, the guy on MTV taking a PET fish out of a tank and throwing it in a frying pan for his own pleasure or amusement, or those watching, is absolutely morally wrong. IMO of course
He didn't eat it? I wanna see this whole story...
Old 08-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

As stated earlier, it was a preview for the next show. Maybe he will eat it then.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #50
Sliced Bread

I've edited 3 posts in this thread so far for foul language. The discussion is fine, but please refrain from using bad words in your arguments.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com