I am REAL Mad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is just as bad! IMO there should be a comittee that comes and stomps in your door and slaps you in the head and takes your fish away lol

It is just as bad! IMO there should be a comittee that comes and stomps in your door and slaps you in the head and takes your fish away lol

Yay more government spending!

Keeping fish isn't a religion, and at some point we need to stop imposing our will on others.

I agree that both deaths are equal although I also agree with mg. Goverment interference will not really help this. It might make it harder on us who actually care for fish.

But what's the difference between pulling a fish out of a tank vs. pulling a fish out of the ocean and killing it? If anything, it's more cruel to pull it out of the ocean since it's probably more comfortable in its natural habitat than it would be in a tank. I don't like animal cruelty either, but that's not really animal cruelty compared to what's shown in the movie The Cove, it's really interesting/sad.

I am glad I am allowed to express my opinion on this site. Without getting other people's wills imposed on me. I feel that way about it, deal with it. If you don't like it, don't read the thread

And the gov't thing was a joke... lighten up people...

edit: this wasnt directed at you agp, figured you might want to know that lol

=O oh my god!!!! i would have like, started crying if i had to see that its bad enough hearing about it. The poor fishy... R.I.P and to the guy..I can't beleive the jerkwad did that. That's horibble. And people are saying that like, oh well its not bad to fish but its bad to do this i dont see anyone ocmplaining about that or ...BLAH! How the heck can someone be defending him? I know fishing is similar. But I'm a vegetarian, and i think all fishing is cruel, so dont try to use that argument on me!

Last edited by a moderator:
hold the phone here. how is some fist pumping reality show jerk tossing a live fish in a frying pan comparable to a fisherman catching, killing, and eating a fish?

Furthermore.. How does anyone know what is more painful (freezing or burning)? Last I checked, people who burn or freeze to death generally don't send critiques of their experience from the afterlife. I've had frostbite, and I've been burned.. Let me tell you, frostbite hurt, but the pain from being burnt was WAY worse.

Keeping ANY living thing under your care has moral implications, IMO. Killing for sport WITHOUT a noble purpose (ie. eating it) is wrong no matter what it is, fish, deer, dog, doesnt matter. I'm not against people eating any type of animal.. The food chain goes on. But tossing an aquarium fish into a searing hot frying pan knowing you aren't going to eat it? bull honkey. 100%.

hold the phone here. how is some fist pumping reality show jerk tossing a live fish in a frying pan comparable to a fisherman catching, killing, and eating a fish?

Furthermore.. How does anyone know what is more painful (freezing or burning)? Last I checked, people who burn or freeze to death generally don't send critiques of their experience from the afterlife. I've had frostbite, and I've been burned.. Let me tell you, frostbite hurt, but the pain from being burnt was WAY worse.

Keeping ANY living thing under your care has moral implications, IMO. Killing for sport WITHOUT a noble purpose (ie. eating it) is wrong no matter what it is, fish, deer, dog, doesnt matter. I'm not against people eating any type of animal.. The food chain goes on. But tossing an aquarium fish into a searing hot frying pan knowing you aren't going to eat it? bull honkey. 100%.
+1

Where do you draw the line between pets and meat?

IMO, there is no line. When it comes to food, any non-human living thing is game. If I was starving, you bet your hind end i'd fry up my cat and have some shish-cat-bob. My morals lie with killing living things NOT used for food or other reasonable purpose (danger to others, etc).

I am glad I am allowed to express my opinion on this site. Without getting other people's wills imposed on me. I feel that way about it, deal with it. If you don't like it, don't read the thread

lol you did express your opinion and you cant always expect everyone to agree with what you say.

not defending..... with out seeing it i would still bet its some moron.... its mtv after all.... they do the junk to get people to talk about it. its stupid and lame lol

IMO, there is no line. When it comes to food, any non-human living thing is game. If I was starving, you bet your hind end i'd fry up my cat and have some shish-cat-bob. My morals lie with killing living things NOT used for food or other reasonable purpose (danger to others, etc).
i agree with that one.

gamer, i dont expect everyone to agree with me. It just irritates me when people cannot have a decent conversation without getting all serious and thinking I am forcing my beliefs on other.

I dont care what other people think, but dont expect me to conform to everything just because people think differently. I dont want everyone to agree with me, i know everyone has their own opinions, but I am giong to stick to mine :)

gamer, i dont expect everyone to agree with me. It just irritates me when people cannot have a decent conversation without getting all serious and thinking I am forcing my beliefs on other.
i didnt read any of the posts this way i dont know lol

that was more about the convo that was going on in chat then the posts in here :) there seems to be a pretty good debate going on atm but I am sick of getting reamed in chat lol.
lol others cant follow whtas going on here if they were not in the chat at the time lol

edit: this wasnt directed at you agp, figured you might want to know that lol

EDIT: oh... it wasn't....

MTV should just cancel the clip, problem solved.
Putting a fish in an uncycled tank, and fighting fish on purpose is just as bad, if not worse. Would you rather suffer for 30 seconds until you die of shock, or suffer for a year in a bad tank? I know what I would choose.

Back
Top Bottom