I can tell my degus apart!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Menagerie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally!! :biglol: First, I could tell the difference only when they were eating, because Brodeur is a big baby and screams even if Terreri isn't near him. Then I noticed Brodeur is a tad chunkier than Terreri, which is fitting! Last night they were very interested in some Timothy Hay and I realized their faces are different. For a long time they both had a light line across their noses. Now, only Broduer does. Next time, I will stick with rodents that are different colors.

This is Terreri on my shoulder.

Attachments

• meghan_with_degu_on_back.jpg
    meghan_with_degu_on_back.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 179
Here they are on the sticks in their cage. Terreri is the pillow :D

Attachments

• degus_snuggling_of_log__2.jpg
    degus_snuggling_of_log__2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 327
Too cute! I am glad you can tell them apart, because I sure can't :wink:

Are they always so good together?

Oh, they are cute -- and bigger than the gerbils! Are they male/female? (sorry to ask again if you told us that before!) Are those hockey names? :wink:

They are named for the goaltending duo of Martin Brodeur and Chris Terreri :D

They are both males, as far as we can tell and they fight like brothers! They always nap togther and try to run on the wheel at the same time. The cage is not big enough for two wheels, but after the move, I am hoping to get them a bigger house.

Attachments

• degu_fight.jpg
    degu_fight.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 139
  • degus_using_the_same_wheel.jpg
    degus_using_the_same_wheel.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 141
  • s_a_boy.jpg
    s_a_boy.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 135
man, the photo of his butt may have scared(not Scared, scared, like the guy in the Lion King) me for life...

The fights must be sorta funny to watch! Adorable lil dudes.

oops

i feel dumb :roll:

they look like gerbuls tho, just bigger, like guinea pigs cause im gonna take some pics of mine because she is faaaaaaaaat! and i want you all to see her

Nice Menagerie! If I recall these guys from when you first got them, they did have some different coloration (?)

Now I know why I'm grateful for not having twins..LOL

My gerbs are different colors, but I don't think these guys have changed much. There's pics of the degus when they were younger and lots of gerb pics in my gallery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom