Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-08-2012, 01:43 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky
Food Fish-yum fish friends - no yum! lol

My husband teases me about eating the most expensive shrimp he's ever seen, except there wouldn't be anything to eat since they are so small. He said for the price they should be the size of your hand, not a pencil eraser.

Food Fish which is fresh doesn't have fishy smell. Always rinse when buying from the store to rinse off less than wonderful bacteria, and sometimes they spray and dunk in antibacterial solutions. (yuck)

My daughter won't let her pet bird eat eggs (yolks)/ good for moulting.
Yes that's true, it shouldn't have any fishy smell or ammonia smell. I was talking about the fishy taste.
The only fish I will buy is salmon... since it's one of my favorites and I'd have to go across the country to catch it myself. Otherwise I prefer to catch it myself if I'm craving fish bc then I can oversee every step in the process, make sure the fish suffers as little as possible, and that the meat is as fresh as possible.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I named all my fish after sushi ingredients. lol

Old 12-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Once a week I walk a block from work (an LFS) to a sushi restaurant. They make fun of me lol!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgie View Post
Once a week I walk a block from work (an LFS) to a sushi restaurant. They make fun of me lol!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #25
Lt.
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I eat fish whenever I can, very healthy for you. But 83.37% of the fish I eat are what I catch fish. The other 16.63% is what I eat at other peoples houses and parties. Mostly Salmon, and Halibut, and assorted Rockfish species. Nothing much FW wise. But I wouldn't even entertain the idea of eating any kind of aquarium species, that's just wrong. I joke about it, like if I see a foot long pleco, I might jokingly say "haha, look, that pleco there is big enough to fillet and fry!"
Old 12-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.
I eat fish whenever I can, very healthy for you. But 83.37% of the fish I eat are what I catch fish. The other 16.63% is what I eat at other peoples houses and parties. Mostly Salmon, and Halibut, and assorted Rockfish species. Nothing much FW wise. But I wouldn't even entertain the idea of eating any kind of aquarium species, that's just wrong. I joke about it, like if I see a foot long pleco, I might jokingly say "haha, look, that pleco there is big enough to fillet and fry!"
Dang, I wish I lived near saltwater. I'm limited to like 4 main species of fish to catch and eat. In saltwater there's like a bajillion.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #27
Lt.
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I don't live near the water, I just like to fish so I go on trips a lot in the summer. Alaska's full of rivers for salmon, lots of coastline for SW fishing. Oh, and lakes, streams, and rivers for trout, dolly vardin, and other good stuff.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is true lots of fishing up there lol and lots of fish too i know from experience lol since ive worked in a salmon processing plant a few times theres plenty of fishing down here in washington lots of trout and salmon too if theres a good enough run plus much other kinds all good
Old 12-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #29
come get me tang police!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzter View Post
I won't eat fish in front of my fish! Lol
It's okay, they eat fish in front of each other all the time. They'd probably want you to share, even.

I'm the same way about pet fish vs food fish. I can filet a fish i've caught with no problem but I couldn't imagine doing that to one of my aquarium fish.

This is something I'm learning to get over, though, in the event that I do end up growing food fish (aquaculture) at some point. It's no different than if you have farm animals that you eventually have to slaughter.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey

It's okay, they eat fish in front of each other all the time. They'd probably want you to share, even.

I'm the same way about pet fish vs food fish. I can filet a fish i've caught with no problem but I couldn't imagine doing that to one of my aquarium fish.

This is something I'm learning to get over, though, in the event that I do end up growing food fish (aquaculture) at some point. It's no different than if you have farm animals that you eventually have to slaughter.
I think it would be awesome to have a nice hydroponics setup and grow veggies and raise some tilapia or something to eat at the same time.

Tags
eat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com