Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 12-08-2012, 01:43 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
tarpon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky
Food Fish-yum fish friends - no yum! lol

My husband teases me about eating the most expensive shrimp he's ever seen, except there wouldn't be anything to eat since they are so small. He said for the price they should be the size of your hand, not a pencil eraser.

Food Fish which is fresh doesn't have fishy smell. Always rinse when buying from the store to rinse off less than wonderful bacteria, and sometimes they spray and dunk in antibacterial solutions. (yuck)

My daughter won't let her pet bird eat eggs (yolks)/ good for moulting.
Yes that's true, it shouldn't have any fishy smell or ammonia smell. I was talking about the fishy taste.
The only fish I will buy is salmon... since it's one of my favorites and I'd have to go across the country to catch it myself. Otherwise I prefer to catch it myself if I'm craving fish bc then I can oversee every step in the process, make sure the fish suffers as little as possible, and that the meat is as fresh as possible.
__________________

__________________
tarpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Crystal A's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 1,069
I named all my fish after sushi ingredients. lol
__________________

__________________
Fish are our friends.
Crystal A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Morgie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 781
Once a week I walk a block from work (an LFS) to a sushi restaurant. They make fun of me lol!
__________________
125g Reef | 70g Tanganyikan WIP | 55g FW Planted | 20g FW Planted | 20gl Newt | 10g Paludarium
Morgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Autumnsky's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Colorado, USA
Posts: 10,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgie View Post
Once a week I walk a block from work (an LFS) to a sushi restaurant. They make fun of me lol!
__________________

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #25
Lt.
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Lt.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wasilla AK
Posts: 808
I eat fish whenever I can, very healthy for you. But 83.37% of the fish I eat are what I catch fish. The other 16.63% is what I eat at other peoples houses and parties. Mostly Salmon, and Halibut, and assorted Rockfish species. Nothing much FW wise. But I wouldn't even entertain the idea of eating any kind of aquarium species, that's just wrong. I joke about it, like if I see a foot long pleco, I might jokingly say "haha, look, that pleco there is big enough to fillet and fry!"
__________________
Whenever I watch the News, no matter what network it is, i'm like:
Lt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
tarpon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.
I eat fish whenever I can, very healthy for you. But 83.37% of the fish I eat are what I catch fish. The other 16.63% is what I eat at other peoples houses and parties. Mostly Salmon, and Halibut, and assorted Rockfish species. Nothing much FW wise. But I wouldn't even entertain the idea of eating any kind of aquarium species, that's just wrong. I joke about it, like if I see a foot long pleco, I might jokingly say "haha, look, that pleco there is big enough to fillet and fry!"
Dang, I wish I lived near saltwater. I'm limited to like 4 main species of fish to catch and eat. In saltwater there's like a bajillion.
__________________
tarpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #27
Lt.
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Lt.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wasilla AK
Posts: 808
I don't live near the water, I just like to fish so I go on trips a lot in the summer. Alaska's full of rivers for salmon, lots of coastline for SW fishing. Oh, and lakes, streams, and rivers for trout, dolly vardin, and other good stuff.
__________________
Whenever I watch the News, no matter what network it is, i'm like:
Lt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,313
That is true lots of fishing up there lol and lots of fish too i know from experience lol since ive worked in a salmon processing plant a few times theres plenty of fishing down here in washington lots of trout and salmon too if theres a good enough run plus much other kinds all good
__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #29
come get me tang police!
 
jetajockey's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In a swamp near you /Pensacola, FL
Posts: 12,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzter View Post
I won't eat fish in front of my fish! Lol
It's okay, they eat fish in front of each other all the time. They'd probably want you to share, even.

I'm the same way about pet fish vs food fish. I can filet a fish i've caught with no problem but I couldn't imagine doing that to one of my aquarium fish.

This is something I'm learning to get over, though, in the event that I do end up growing food fish (aquaculture) at some point. It's no different than if you have farm animals that you eventually have to slaughter.
__________________
Dont Forget to Join my FREE weekly Plant Giveaway.
Click Here!
jetajockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
tarpon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey

It's okay, they eat fish in front of each other all the time. They'd probably want you to share, even.

I'm the same way about pet fish vs food fish. I can filet a fish i've caught with no problem but I couldn't imagine doing that to one of my aquarium fish.

This is something I'm learning to get over, though, in the event that I do end up growing food fish (aquaculture) at some point. It's no different than if you have farm animals that you eventually have to slaughter.
I think it would be awesome to have a nice hydroponics setup and grow veggies and raise some tilapia or something to eat at the same time.
__________________

__________________
tarpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.