I cannot eat fish anymore...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Douglas4701

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ever since I started keeping fish I learned I cannot eat them... I keep thinking of my cichlids when I night into something fishy... Am I the only weirdo?

I keep fish and I absolutely love eating them!(not the ones I care for ) and fishing for them. They're my favorite food. I've actually thought about this on several occasions. It's weird how I can keep them as pets and want them to be healthy yet also eat others.

Ive heard that before i can keep fish then without qualm go fishing and eat fish trout and salmon are my favorites im also a hunter i could keep a deer as a pet but turn around to hunt deer just not the im keeping

So I am a weirdo. I knew it. Yeah I just cannot do it anymore.... Use to love it. It's not an emotional thing because they are things I care for... I care to make my fish happy in the environment I create for them but I don't love them the same as a dog... But maybe I'm starting to lol. Anyway I just cannot eat them because I think of the fish...

I don't like fish to begin with(eating) but all my life I have kept fish and loved going fishing. I was raised on "keep what you eat" so needless to say I do a LOT of fish and release.

As far as the way I feel about keeping fish. I look at it as it is,(to me) a hobby. And possible investment that could see some $ turn around. I have kept fish for extended amounts of time,(5 years+) but I also have no qualm selling a fish off after a year to start a new adventure with this hobby. I like and want to keep so many different types of fish but only have so many tanks. So I have for the past 5 years or more been doing a yearly cycle of new fish(mainly SA/CA cichlids) it wasn't until the past two or 3 I started learning about the more Un common species.

So I am a weirdo. I knew it. Yeah I just cannot do it anymore.... Use to love it. It's not an emotional thing because they are things I care for... I care to make my fish happy in the environment I create for them but I don't love them the same as a dog... But maybe I'm starting to lol. Anyway I just cannot eat them because I think of the fish...

Nope if u are I'm the biggest weirdo out lol I don't eat any living thing whatsoever well I suppose plants are aswell but I gotta eat! but I'm run completely from emotion as most Pisces are I've found :p and I don't let anyone else eat fish in front of my fish I'm like they know ! Lol see I'm the weirdo

I think I'm the opposite. I would probably eat dog if they weren't kept in cruel conditions. For me it's really about the animal's quality of life. I'm still going to consume no matter what. I can't avoid killing living things.

When I eat fish, I try not to think about me fish!!! It would be kind of awkward lol

for health reasons i would advice against not consuming fish, they contains too many thing that are vital to our wellbeing.

for health reasons i would advice against not consuming fish, they contains too many thing that are vital to our wellbeing.

What kindve fish are you talking about because most especially trout and salmon have omega 3 oil wich is good for the heart tuna and halibut and cod are all good too if anything its healthy to eat fish

Fish are friends, not food!

But seriously, I eat fish like it's nobody's business.

You can eat plenty of things that supplement the nutrients that eating fish does. Not that I judge anyone who eats fish or meat just saying.

I once saw a home-made avatar of someone who drew a cartoon version of herself eating sushi in front of her pet Betta fish, it was animated and in the last frame she was blushing.

Oh yeah the middle frame was the Betta asking "what are you eating mama?"

Priceless!

I take fish oil.... And I eat a few seeds...but I find Ithaca to eat fish unless its cooked right and isn't too fishy.

nereksnad said:

But on the flipside to that, depending on the water they came from (mostly freshwater fish) if you eat it too often then it's also bad bc of things like mercury and other chemicals that absorb into them. This mostly applies when catching your own though.

And also to whoever said about the fishy taste, if you soak fish in milk before cooking, there's something in the milk that neutralizes the enzyme in fish that makes it taste fishy. So your fish will be less fishy

Food Fish-yum fish friends - no yum! lol

My husband teases me about eating the most expensive shrimp he's ever seen, except there wouldn't be anything to eat since they are so small.:lol: He said for the price they should be the size of your hand, not a pencil eraser.

Food Fish which is fresh doesn't have fishy smell. Always rinse when buying from the store to rinse off less than wonderful bacteria, and sometimes they spray and dunk in antibacterial solutions. (yuck)

My daughter won't let her pet bird eat eggs (yolks)/ good for moulting. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom