Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-07-2012, 02:11 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

I cannot eat fish anymore...

Ever since I started keeping fish I learned I cannot eat them... I keep thinking of my cichlids when I night into something fishy... Am I the only weirdo?

Old 12-07-2012, 02:19 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I keep fish and I absolutely love eating them!(not the ones I care for ) and fishing for them. They're my favorite food. I've actually thought about this on several occasions. It's weird how I can keep them as pets and want them to be healthy yet also eat others.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:58 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ive heard that before i can keep fish then without qualm go fishing and eat fish trout and salmon are my favorites im also a hunter i could keep a deer as a pet but turn around to hunt deer just not the im keeping
Old 12-07-2012, 06:38 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

So I am a weirdo. I knew it. Yeah I just cannot do it anymore.... Use to love it. It's not an emotional thing because they are things I care for... I care to make my fish happy in the environment I create for them but I don't love them the same as a dog... But maybe I'm starting to lol. Anyway I just cannot eat them because I think of the fish...
Old 12-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't like fish to begin with(eating) but all my life I have kept fish and loved going fishing. I was raised on "keep what you eat" so needless to say I do a LOT of fish and release.

As far as the way I feel about keeping fish. I look at it as it is,(to me) a hobby. And possible investment that could see some $ turn around. I have kept fish for extended amounts of time,(5 years+) but I also have no qualm selling a fish off after a year to start a new adventure with this hobby. I like and want to keep so many different types of fish but only have so many tanks. So I have for the past 5 years or more been doing a yearly cycle of new fish(mainly SA/CA cichlids) it wasn't until the past two or 3 I started learning about the more Un common species.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas4701 View Post
So I am a weirdo. I knew it. Yeah I just cannot do it anymore.... Use to love it. It's not an emotional thing because they are things I care for... I care to make my fish happy in the environment I create for them but I don't love them the same as a dog... But maybe I'm starting to lol. Anyway I just cannot eat them because I think of the fish...
Nope if u are I'm the biggest weirdo out lol I don't eat any living thing whatsoever well I suppose plants are aswell but I gotta eat! but I'm run completely from emotion as most Pisces are I've found :P and I don't let anyone else eat fish in front of my fish I'm like they know ! Lol see I'm the weirdo
Old 12-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

I think I'm the opposite. I would probably eat dog if they weren't kept in cruel conditions. For me it's really about the animal's quality of life. I'm still going to consume no matter what. I can't avoid killing living things.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I won't eat fish in front of my fish! Lol
Old 12-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

When I eat fish, I try not to think about me fish!!! It would be kind of awkward lol
Old 12-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

for health reasons i would advice against not consuming fish, they contains too many thing that are vital to our wellbeing.

Tags
eat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com