I cannot live without...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Horsegirlmaddy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Fill in the blank! I'm sure this has been done before, but I want to know the products etc you cannot live without! Everything from your favorite lights and filters to food products to random accessories! Let's find the best of the best through trial and error, and learn from each other :)

Apple snails: in years of fish keeping, I've always had apple snails (don't have planted tanks) and I've never ever done an algae scrub.

Nutrafin sinking bottom feeder tablets: I have yet to find another pellet that appeals to every fish like these do. They're made of earthworm, krill and spirulina. Every bottom feeder and larger fish goes nuts for them!! Plecos, Cories, loaches, axolotls, ACFs, large cichlids, goldfish, etc adore them

Aqua plus conditioner: you can buy 2L jugs with pump heads for $30, and you only need 10ml per 10 gallons (each full pump squirt is exactly 5ml, I measured). It removes chlorine, chloramine, helps with slime coat, neutralizes trace heavy metals, and acts like magic fish dope for destressing!! Brought home a red devil yesterday, feisty bastard that wouldn't stop ramming himself full force in the bag, so I squirted some aqua plus in and he was chill the entire trip. Same with piranhas- you bag them, thy bite through the bag. You bag them with wonder drug- they relax and travel peacefully.
What are your must-haves?

Immmm, that would have to be either my beta, johani p, or red zebra cichlid. They all have so much personality.

My betta fish Martin. That boy is just the best. I once played tug-of-war with him for a piece of lettuce that was supposed to be for the mystery snails, and he hung on so hard I ended up dragging him around the tank. He's spunky and a little overconfident, and gorgeous too. I've had him for two years now and he's the best betta I ever had!

Back
Top Bottom