I Decided What I Want for my 50gal....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgarMedina1010

Aquarium Advice Freak
As I already posted here, I bought a 50 gal. tank a while ago, and wanted to get a Red-Eared Slider but I decided that I wasn't ready to get a 140 gal. tank, just to keep 1 turtle!! So I looked around and decided to get a Bearded Dragon, I have the set-up almost complete, im just missing a background, a Reptisun 10.0 light strip(which is $40!! 8O ), a cricket keeper, and of course pellet food...Plus the Bearded Dragon itself which cost around $50...I figure ill have everything in a 1-2 weeks, ill post pixs, when I have everything ready....heres some pixs of the tank when I got it... http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/edgarmedina1010/Terrarium4.jpg http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/edgarmedina1010/Terrarium3.jpg http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/edgarmedina1010/Terrarium2.jpg http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/edgarmedina1010/Terrarium.jpg

Yeah, I saw a fully grown pair at a reptile store, and they were pretty funny...They would not leave their owner set them down in their tanks(Spoiled brats), and also didnt let anyone else touch them...They had quite a attitude...I also saw that the female had recently layed eggs (were already hatched) so I decided to 'reserve' one, so it will be ready to come home in around 3 weeks....

it looks awesome so far..My 55 gallon went to our ball python :)

Just a few tips to make setting up for a reptile cheaper.. HOME DEPOT. You can buy lights for a LOT cheaper at home depot and they make reptile lights there too that are a lot cheaper than the pet store. (im thinking i spent around 5-10 bucks on them) Also i use ceramic pots for hides instead of paying for the expensive hide boxes at the pet stores... I think the most expensive part of my setup is the under tank heater.. lol. Just go to homedepot and wander around the garden section... you'll be amazed at what you can find for your aquariums there for a lot less $$$ and it looks natural too.

(Also i would suggest.. just from personal experience.. repticarpet. Some people hate it, some people love it. I have two peices for each of my snake cages and once a week i take the old one out and throw it in the washing machine with some soap and bleach and then put the clean pieces in... keeps the cage a lot cleaner and more sterile)

Attachments

• kaa_s_house_resized_113.jpg
    kaa_s_house_resized_113.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 131
buttercup said:
it looks awesome so far..My 55 gallon went to our ball python :)

Just a few tips to make setting up for a reptile cheaper.. HOME DEPOT. You can buy lights for a LOT cheaper at home depot and they make reptile lights there too that are a lot cheaper than the pet store. (im thinking i spent around 5-10 bucks on them) Also i use ceramic pots for hides instead of paying for the expensive hide boxes at the pet stores... I think the most expensive part of my setup is the under tank heater.. lol. Just go to homedepot and wander around the garden section... you'll be amazed at what you can find for your aquariums there for a lot less $$$ and it looks natural too.

(Also i would suggest.. just from personal experience.. repticarpet. Some people hate it, some people love it. I have two peices for each of my snake cages and once a week i take the old one out and throw it in the washing machine with some soap and bleach and then put the clean pieces in... keeps the cage a lot cleaner and more sterile)
Yeah, I got everything brand new, from Home Depot...I just need to buy the Uva/uvb light bulb, and since the tank already came with some stuff I didnt have to buy so many hides and other stuff, Altough I did get a reptile hammock (for only eight bucks), Reptile Carpet for ($15), and a digital thermometer/hygrometer w/a Probe, from a reptile store....And I just went outside and got some tree branches, (I boiled them and washed A LOT first)....So I guess itsnt that expensive if you get creative...But thanks for the heads up...And nice tank and ball python by the way...

I love my beardeds, they are GREAT!
Here are mine and their tank...

Attachments

• bdtank_870.jpg
    bdtank_870.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 23
  • bds_141.jpg
    bds_141.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 29
oh yes i love my digital thermometer.. they are the greatest... i got all mine for pretty cheap online.

Hara.. that picture of the two of them is soo cute! and the viv is awesome looking

Here's my little baby.
img_787063_0_b96a2d2681aa4cbaef7920e1b37166a6.jpg

One is 5 months and the other is 6 months...last measuring, they were 12 and 13 inches respectively.

The tank is a 55 gallon.

Hara said:
One is 5 months and the other is 6 months...last measuring, they were 12 and 13 inches respectively.

The tank is a 55 gallon.
Cool, they look very healthy...and nice BD DepotFish...

Back
Top Bottom