I don't name my fish...but I know you do!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got 1 Dwarf Gourami, 2 Red Platies, 3 Peppered Cory Cats, and 6 Dwarf Spotted Danios.

Which ever one you're looking at, focussing on, or talking to is named Larry. All the rest are named Eric.

Eric the fish. I think that was a Monty Python sketch.

Bob the fish (wrasse)
Bobby the clown (saddleback)
Bobies the anemones (both of them)
Bobbins (the female clown)
Stinky Bob (skunk Clown)
Bob the Builder (engineer goby)
Bob-bees Trinity (the three starfish)
Bobalicious the sea urchin
All the crabs/lobsters are called Bobkins

I collectively call them The Bobs
I cannot help myself to not call any new fish some sort of variation of Bob. Not sure why. Its fun to find a new Bob name. My next fish (yellow tang) will be named "Bobang"
My puffer tank had fish all called variations of "Chompy".

Betta fish- Waffle
My two red wag platies- Abigail and Thing Three
My two blue Mickey mouse platies- Rory Pond and Amy Pond

I've had tons of other fish with names. I had a gorgeous red crowntail named Dragon and a pink and red double-tailed betta named Sayir, who were both sold. I had another fun betta named Martin who recently passed away. I used two have two other red wag platies called Thing One and Thing Two that got killed by a co2 mistake (hence the name Thing Three). Naming fish is fun for me! It allows me to get attached to my fish, and feeling attached to fish is one of the reasons I love being in this hobby.

clown knife fish- killa
clown knife fish- scar
silver dragon fish- shimmer
black ghost knife fish- ninja
crawdad- cherry

Okay...I named my first fish in 40 years. The adult engineer gobies are Benie and Cecil (the seasick sea serpent...only us old guys will remember him).
And of course Shrimpy the red fire shrimp.

Attachments

• image-2938571100.jpg
    image-2938571100.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Okay...I named my first fish in 40 years. The adult engineer gobies are Benie and Cecil (the seasick sea serpent...only us old guys will remember him).

Haha!! You named a fish (2, actually)!!!!! I think you were wanting to name a fish all along and used this thread to troll for ideas!! Lol :D

And, no, I have no idea of the reference, but still cool that you named them! :)

It's a fair cop. But I have had a blast reading these names. Getting near 100 posts.
Beanie and Cecil the sea sick sea serpent was one of my favorite tv shows.

Valentini puffer called Vito (named after the don as he is the big dog in my tank)

Attachments

• image-337453159.jpg
    image-337453159.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 98
I have a Firefish Goby named Robo since he twitches around like a robot
Yellow Lab- Sunny
Livingstonii- Sarge
Venustus- Cap'n
Cobalt- Perry
Snow white Socolofi-Lenny(named after lenny from the simpsons)
Peacock- Tiger
Blue Johanni-Trick
2 Acei's- the twins

Whoa...blast from the past. o_O

Back
Top Bottom