Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-05-2005, 07:50 PM   #21
nope, no piddling. He is doing much better. HE was in his crate for 6 hours today and when my husband got home to take him out, he didn't have any accidents. He urintaed outside and now he's sleeping on the couch...
Old 12-05-2005, 09:41 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Oh dear, there are still people who believe that rubbing the nose in the pup's accident is the sole reason it was housetrained. Not true it was taking him outside consistently that did it. A puppy doesn't understand why you are rubbing its nose in a puddle of pee, it thinks you want it to drink. I hope this cruel practice disappears soon, its so out of date and illogical. I wouldn't use an AKC book to teach dog care, they haven't learned themselves. But at least it a little more insight than those who rub the pup's nose in pee. Autumn slept on my bed the first night she came home and didn't have a single accident. As long as you watch the pup and notice signs that they have to go, then accidents should really be very few and far between. I used a bell on my door, tied it at nose level and each time I went out I touched it with her nose enough for it to make noise. Soon she learned to touch the bell with her nose when she needed to go out.

Anybody who's seen the personality of fish has had their minds and hearts opened to a whole new world.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:01 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Send a message via MSN to Zagz
I'm glad I checked back to this thread for updates! New pics from the first time I saw them. He is just so darn cute. I am jealous here. Potty training dogs come much faster than kids remember that, LOL.
AA Community Rules | AA TOS

Site Administrator
Old 12-06-2005, 08:20 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via MSN to kyektulu
He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gorgeous! I love him in the jumper.

I want one

if wishes were fishes....
Old 12-06-2005, 01:15 PM   #25
Update- He sleeps with us at night and has never made a mess in the bed.. although he wakes up at 4am and starts whimpering until one of us takes him outside. He is in the crate while we are gone during the day and has NEVER messed in his crate. We take him out as soon as we get home and he goes outside. But he doesn't always like to poop outside. For instance yesterday my husband took him out and he peed and then he brought him in and he came in and pooped inside... Well today i took him out and he peed and he came back in and ate, and then i cought him squatting, i picked him up and said NO.. then i took him outside and he pooped in the grass.... i told him he was a good boy and brought him back in. Positive reinforcement usually works well with puppies and he gets better each time!
Old 12-07-2005, 12:18 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict
Sisco is finally holding his piddle! It's been three days now with no accidents. I think the urinary infection was probably the problem. He's doing really well. I bought a crate for Sisco and haven't trained him to it yet. The problem is that I have another dog, so it's hard to confine him. We were confining him to one room, but he's got the whole house now with no problems (well, unless I leave a shoe out!)

This is kind of funny. The Dog Training for Dummies book says to make sure that when the puppy goes outside you tell him "What a clever puppy he is." So for the first couple of weeks this became a joke with us. "You're such a clever puppy, what a clever puppy you are." My neighbors must think I'm nuts!

Ashley, don't forget to post new pics!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:45 AM   #27
crate training is awesome. its his own little space!!!

i will have to get more pics when i eet home this afternoon.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:15 PM   #28
new better pics up top!
Old 12-07-2005, 12:17 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
He is one cute little puppy. The new pics are great.
From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:30 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict
He's so fuzzy! Do you just cuddle him to death? My puppy has such short hair, but he's definately a mamma's boy and loves to cuddle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spoiled.jpg (144.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg sleeping.jpg (180.0 KB, 22 views)

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com