Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-30-2005, 10:14 PM   #1

i got a puppy!!!

We got our puppy today.. FINALLY.. He is six weeks old and his mom was a Cocker spanial and his dad was Chihuahua and Jack Russel. He is the most adorable puppy i have ever seen!!! The sweater is compliments of my friend Kimi from school... we stopped by to show her and she said he was "cold" so she gave that to us. He sleeps a lot and he had a lot of fleas but he has been treated and hes going to get his shots and heartworm as soon as he gets old enough. Scuba and baby aren't to sure yet, they haven't hissed or anything, they've only been sniffing at him. I think they are all going to get along great!!!

New better pics

Old 11-30-2005, 10:16 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
What a cute puppy. Congrats.

Old 11-30-2005, 10:21 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

CUTE !!
ermm, why is it wearing a jumper? ITS A DOG !!

Maybe change s/n to AshleyNicolesZoo ? 8O
Labidochromis caeruleus
Cynotilapia afra 'Cobue'
Pseudotropheus acei 'Msuli Point'
Aulunocara stuartgranti 'chipoka'
Labidochromis freibergi
Oreochromis mossambicus
Etroplus suratensis
Old 11-30-2005, 10:35 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Congrats!
Cute puppy and sweater.
The cat is trying to figure out which end to sniff.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:51 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
What an absolutely adorable puppy! I wish I was able to have a puppy, just not home enough to properly take care of him. Congrats and what is next? I think you are going to need more room in that home of yours soon. :P

-----------
Site Administrator
Old 12-01-2005, 12:38 AM   #6

LOL!!! I love my animals!!! we live in a townhouse but its about 1200 square feet so i figure a small dog is ok Ever since my husband and i have been together we've had at least one dog... we've had our yellow lab from the beginning but when we moved in here.. well she was just to big to be cooped up in here so my husbands dad took her, but ive been missing having a dog. I love my cats and im definitely a cat person... but just something about a dog... you cant take a cat with you everywhere! LOL.
He is wearing a SWEATER... becuase he was cold I stopped by a friends house (she has 3 dogs) and he was shivering so she gave me a sweater.

we haven't thought of a name yet.. of course we JUST got him today

Old 12-01-2005, 11:43 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

He's cute, but 6 weeks is very young for puppies to be taken from the litter. I always recommend 10-12 weeks and more recently other trainers started recommending 12-14. Where did you get him from?
Old 12-01-2005, 11:45 AM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
that could be one of the cutest things I have ever seen!

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepotFish
He's cute, but 6 weeks is very young for puppies to be taken from the litter. I always recommend 10-12 weeks and more recently other trainers started recommending 12-14. Where did you get him from?
petty much rescued him... Hes eating wet and dry puppy chow and pooping really good.

See what happend is this lady called me about the puppies and gave me the guys phone number. We called him and went to look. The puppies were in pretty bad shape... He has 5 adult dogs 2 chihuahua's, 1 Cocker Spaniel, and 1 Dachsund. The dachsund and spaniel wre females and chihuahua's were males... and the cocker spaniel was the mother of the litter... ALl of his adult dogs looked really healthy but i guess he hadn't bothered to treat the puppies for fleas... they were covered and had sores from scratching. I would've taken all 3 if i could've, but we picked out the one that walked right up to us.
Anyway the vet said i could put a DROP of frontline on him only, so we gave him a good bath and put on the frontline and i combed out all the dead fleas... We also gave him a few worm pills (hookworm, roundworm, and tapeworm)

Today he is flea free!!! I've always used advantage on my cats but the frontline seems to work really good as well. My cats are starting to sniff him more and they haven't hissed at him at all!!!

Now... just gotta start working on the potty training...

Old 12-01-2005, 02:34 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Good for you for being concerned for the dogs. I have a dog from a large puppy mill. I wish more people knew about all the horrible breeders out there and they were all shut down. Good luck housetraining.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com