I hate walking away from fish at stores

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I really am not that bad at impulse buying as I normally don't have the moolah to buy an expensive fish, so, when I find a fish I don't have the money/room to buy, I just stare at it. A while ago I stopped by a fish store while on a trip. There were so many fish! And since the selection in my area is so pitiful, this was the first time I had seen a lot of these fish! My family had to pry me away from the tank with the BN plecos. I spent a solid 20 minutes staring at the tiger oscar cichlids, albino tiger barbs, and the discus. I easily could have spent 4 hours there.

bud29 said:
Yeah, I really am not that bad at impulse buying as I normally don't have the moolah to buy an expensive fish, so, when I find a fish I don't have the money/room to buy, I just stare at it. A while ago I stopped by a fish store while on a trip. There were so many fish! And since the selection in my area is so pitiful, this was the first time I had seen a lot of these fish! My family had to pry me away from the tank with the BN plecos. I spent a solid 20 minutes staring at the tiger oscar cichlids, albino tiger barbs, and the discus. I easily could have spent 4 hours there.

We're did u go

I'm actually not that bad with impulse buying, it's just the thought that if it was like just a few weeks in the future, I'd be able to get him for my 125. Oh well. Maybe he'll still be there in a few weeks.

Surprisingly i impulse buy more plants than fish. At my local petco they have a nice plant selection, and un potted plants are $2 each. Even if they are bigger or have out grown a potted plant they are still $2.

Bubbles0oO said:
Surprisingly i impulse buy more plants than fish. At my local petco they have a nice plant selection, and un potted plants are $2 each. Even if they are bigger or have out grown a potted plant they are still $2.

Im having a plant buying addiction as I switch everything over to live

tarpon said:

Yeah, ill go to the pet store, to get a specific item, and leave with 4 bags of plants.

tarpon said:

Lol my husband has that addiction at the moment. He goes and looks at the fish then straight to the plants he is working on a 20 gallon long and a 29 gallon wants both all natural.

Yes, but an inability to resist buying plants is relatively harmless (except to your wallet.) If you buy a fish on impulse, without enough knowledge, the fish will most likely end up suffering (or you will be forced to buy a bigger tank and your wallet will REALLY suffer.) I don't think most people feel horrible if a plant doesn't survive their tank, unless it was a really expensive plant.

Back
Top Bottom