I have joined the pros!! and a few other odds & ends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melody

Aquarium Advice Addict
Its official! I have become a pro! I made my own python and it works great!!! For my whole life my water changes were made up of LOTS of buckets and tons of water on the floor. I just couldnt justify spending so much on a Python... So I made my own. It took awhile to get it working right, and I broke one waterbed fill kit thing-a-ma-bob... but I figured it out and it works! I went to homedepot and got all the brass or chrome fittings so it wouldnt wear out from hooking/unhooking it. I just changed ALL my tanks in a little under 20 minutes. (That was AFTER figuring out how to get it to suck out the water) I am so Happy!!! :multi:

I havent been posting much, for summer is here and I have been OUTSIDE! Everything is looking great and my flowers are in full force. I keep meaning to resize some photos for everyone to see, but its a pain and I just cant seem to get the time. I'll get there!

My photography is beginning to become a bit overwhelming, and I am getting ready to get a bigger, better camera. I have many requests now from people to do some on site work and I will be attaching a ton of photos in just a few minutes...

I have also been getting ready for the 4th. I have some really cool pics for everyone to see... I had to work that day & night, but it all ended with a bang :wink: And I still have all my fingers, toes, and eyebrows!

I will be out of town for a few days and Im not sure if I will be able to access a computer, but I'll be around. Let me go get a few pics on here!

congrats? :lol:

You've me wondering about a DIY Python now - got any linkage to the directions you followed?

Silly question - if you suck water out of the tanks and down a drain, when do you have a chance to de-chlor when you refill the tank? (Heads off to research)

:edit:

I have my answer, although adding dechlor into the tank as the water flows in directly from the tap seems a little 'hinky' to me. :shrug:

Enjoy, Melody!

:/edit:

Congratulations - you rock!!

I know you take some really stunning pics so it is no surprise that you would start to get some requests, so you should really go with it and see what kind of business you can get out of it.

as far as adding the dechlor... how is it any different from adding it before pouring the bucket in? I always just added it to the tank and dump water in. This is just out of the faucet. So far so good... no fish belly up ;)

Thank You Liz... I dont feel my photos are all that great, but everyone keeps telling me they are awsome. I have always enjoyed photography, but never considered myself someone that could make any money at it. Now that I have looked into the pro side of it, I am starting to see maybe I am not so bad.

Here are a few links... The bikes are just a few out of almost 300 that I took. I just happened to have these resized already.

The fireworks are part of the show Hubby and I put on every year.

http://www.photolocker.net/gallery.php?u=Melody&g=Summit-Point-WV-Track-Day

http://www.photolocker.net/gallery.php?u=Melody&g=Springfield-VA-July-4-2005

OMG, Melody, Rick would just die to be able to put on a fireworks show - it is something he is very interesting in learning about. Those pics are great! The bike pics are cool also. I love how the bikes really stand out against the track, and the way they are leaning. You were in a great spot to get those shots.

:crazyeyes:
ARGH!!! How I WISH I would have known this! We needed help..... It pays money, and its on one of the most beautiful golf courses in VA. Free food, drinks, and everyone could have come. You and the kids could have spent the day at the pool or shopping and he could have helped blow up 1/2 ton of dynamite. Ask him about next year, and maybe you could make the drive. It is late when you get everything taken down, but I am sure we have room at our place for everyone to stay if needed. Its a great time!

krap101 said:
wow that must of been expensive! 8O

For someone else Im sure....
They hire us to do this. and the fireworks show is not as expensive as one may think. I'll see if I can find out a ball park figure of how much they were charged for this show.

The smallest rounds we set off are 3 inch shells. The largest are 8 inch shells... Gosh those are loud going off.... and they shake the ground when leaving the tube. Its a good time!

Melody - I think Rick would be very interested in helping out, it is a dream of his to do this. He is experienced with black powder reloading and he shoots small canons and the like, and is very knowledgeable about safely blowing things up, lol! In fact, his final wishes are that his ashes be built into a shell and fired in a fireworks display 8O

I'll tell him about it and maybe we'll come up there next year. :D

hmmmm... I'll make sure I am not in the fall out range of that show! Its a flippin blast... heh...no pun intended :roll:
We may be having another show this year... not sure yet, I'll ask my Rick if he was going to do it. Its a much smaller show, but still alot of work, and alot of fun! We have a good time. You dont have to be certified to set them off... but someone has to be certified to set them up. Kinda crazy huh? And you have to be 21 or over to light. and no drug or alcohol convictions... ever... I'll let my Rick know we have help... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom