Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-01-2004, 09:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to mhaynes01
i have seen sad things

this evening i went to two pet stores (petsmart) was the better one,
but they were selling all this fish to these people who had the tank in their cart

petco had well all their livestock was really really really bad. and also the lady doin it said she was a fish and small mammal expert and they guy says he needs two plecos and the lady said "what is that" and he said plecostomas and she said "right i knew that"

then i went to wal-mart and saw horrible things

there is a petsmart openig close to my home in the fall i really want a job workign with the fish or get a job at that specific petco so maybe i could save some lives

Old 05-02-2004, 12:44 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Good luck with the job hunt! We need more people who care about the animals and have enough knowledge to sell them working in these stores.
BTW--make sure to use correct grammar and spell check your application

Old 05-02-2004, 10:14 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
Same story here, all the way around; there's a petsmart (relatively) close to my home (I'd have to take a bus to get to it) and I want a job there too. There's a Walmart walking distance from my house (oh, the horrors!) and a petco not too far off, but they don't know anything, and I feel like I have more knowledge about animals in my toenails than they do in all their craniums. I couldn't even stomach working there because my one lone desire to save the critters would be overpowered by their inept incomptenence and ignorance.
So I want to work at petsmart, but they're "just holding onto applications right now" and not hiring, so that's that.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans . . .
Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:19 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
I think it's the same problem wherever you go. What I think we need more of is family/private owned fish/pet stores. Those are the people who really know what is going on, they are knowledgeable, and they care. I have a couple around me, but unfortunately, with huge chains, it makes it extremely tough for these kinds of pet stores to exist and thrive.
Join the Eastern PA/Greater Philadelphia Forum! Click here: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/groupcp.php?g=7825

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 05-02-2004, 03:13 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to mhaynes01
menagerie i wil use the spell sheck and thanks for noticing
Old 05-02-2004, 04:07 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
yep mhaynes, menagerie has a good point....

At Wal-Mart (where I currently work) I was looking through applications for someone to hire to help me out in pets and all...there were two piles.

One was look at's, one was don't look at's.....she said, if they can't take the time to spell their name and address correctly than we don't need em. And I'm not talking about a few here and there, but alot of mistakes. People will notice that first, and make their first impression of you based on it.

So, wherever you go, take your time filling out your application, and always shake your interviewers hand, and thank them for their time.... has always worked for me... 8)

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:43 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to greenmaji
I feel ashamed to say I turned down a assistant manager position with petsmart when I was 20.. In my defense I was getting very sick at the time..
Old 07-16-2005, 10:54 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak
I wanted a job at a small petshop by my house within walking distance too, I gave them my application and later they called me for an interview. I answered all the questions they asked me about and they still didn't hire me .

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com