I inadvertantly have Bettas wanting to breed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LS240

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is quite funny. I recently bought a variety of Bettas from Petco and until I get their permanent homes set up(working on it asap) I've got them in temporary 5 gallon water jug homes. Most can't see each other but my male king Betta(apparently just a half giant plakat from what I've read) and a veil tail female can. Just a few minutes ago I glanced over in their direction and saw them displaying to each other between tanks. I walked over for a closer inspection and sure enough, the female is displaying vertical banding and the male has a big ole bubble nest built. As I type this he's swimming between the nest and the edge of his jug by her.

I wish I had more space right now as it's tempting to plunk her into his jug seeing that they're in the mood. Really though I find it very cute and entertaining. It gives me real hope though when I do decide to breed a few for fun in the future. I didn't realize it was really that easy. I didn't do a single thing special with their diet or water conditions! Love is in the air, or water I suppose.

Merry Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom