I just applied for a job!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my gosh. So they got back to me. They said they're having trouble opening my C.V that I emailed -_- great. I'M IN FRANCE. I've sent a text to my mum & asked her to send it to them again. Oh my gosh I'm so annoyed. But it looks like they've sent it to about 5 or 6 other applicants. What if they don't get my C.V? Oh this is the last thing I need!

Typically British!

Oh my gosh. So they got back to me. They said they're having trouble opening my C.V that I emailed -_- great. I'M IN FRANCE. I've sent a text to my mum & asked her to send it to them again. Oh my gosh I'm so annoyed. But it looks like they've sent it to about 5 or 6 other applicants. What if they don't get my C.V? Oh this is the last thing I need!

Typically British!

Happens a lot in consulting as people use different software I've found.w

Ime I ask if they are using the same software (zipped files can be problems), or copy as text (no attached files) into the email if their software won't accept attachments (eg security). Just have to talk to them.

Another option would be just fax it.

It was just a basic Microsoft Word document :'( I can't do technology, I'll just try to send it again or copy it into an email like you said

Typically British!

It was just a basic Microsoft Word document :'( I can't do technology, I'll just try to send it again or copy it into an email like you said

Typically British!

You would think that would be fine :)

I must admit we are still using windows xp here but my aunty who works in the hospital said they are just upgrading to Microsoft email! They were using some old in house software before..

Typically British!

When sending documents to others you should always convert it to a pdf.
Microsoft Word should (depending on version) already have the function built in to print the files as pdf's. Pdf's are cross platform documents.
That way anybody regardless of what platform/software they are using can open the file, and if not the adobe reader is a free download that takes about 2 minutes from start to finish to download and install. (y)

Maidenhead Aquatics is basically the only fish retailer in the UK :( there's a chain of stores called Pets at Home which is a bit like Petco in the USA. I was thinking of applying there... Or I might just throw my C.V at every shop in my area & hope for the best :L

Typically British!

Which bit of Buckinghamshire? I live in a little village just between uxbridge and high Wycombe.
MA has some good staff, all shops have a rotten egg! That's part of a working environment though! Almost every firm has one. No matter what trade. After all, you can't expect to be best of buds with every encounter, that's not normal.

Good luck with the job.

(Sk3lly Windsor is not so far from me, I'm the other side of Slough just north of the M40 beaconsfield area)

Good luck- don't give up or feel bad if
Nothing happens most times people hire people they know- so if you really want to work there do NOT give up or feel bad until you've established some kind of relationship with them, maybe through a class or training they may offer? And apply with the person you know. ;)

Sneaky but true!

Back
Top Bottom