I just applied for a job!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just read the post completely, if you taught them that much it would take somebody better to beat you to it. If you don't get the job, there are more. Also I think now I can work out where you are, high Wycombe area.

I flew a glider at booker once. Years ago, it was fun, you get a parachute!

Finally, at least you know what you want to do, I left school a long time ago (just longer than you've been alive) and I still don't know what I want to do. Currently I am a decorator. That may change in a few years.

I hope it works out for you.

Hello J.Mcpeak nice to know theres at least a couple aquarists local.

What sort of tanks do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's Jamie, I gotta change that!
At this time, all but one is freshwater. One is brackish. Next year hopefully one will be nice and salty!

Yes I clocked the Windsor tab and thought the same thing, you're just next door! Normally it's America/Australia. (Hello Liverpool! Spotted you too)
>just closing the great north south divide<
This thread is the greatest collection of Brits I've encountered in one place here so far!

What about you? What do you keep?
I'm guessing at least one quite nice looking planted set up.

Hello Jamie, im Aaron.

I just have the one fresh planted on the go at the moment. Im very seriously into the plants though.

You can find my 'build' thread in the planted section. Only recently set this tank up last week

I'll check it out. (I'm not much into plants, I have plants for the fish)
I like the simple side of plant life, but I do look on at planted tanks. I appreciate the knowledge that you need to get it right.

(I assume it's your avatar?)
I'll look at your post, I'll learn something because I've not really done a proper planted tank, I used a good substrate once! Now I'm sand/gravel all day long.
If you start lots of threads please post a link for me.
I'm looking at the last thread you started.

(Hello Carlisle) you have one of the best Indian restaurants in the country, Dhaka tandoori on the way in from the top. I've been to your local MA shop over the way from j44. I spent a month working in Carlisle, it's a nice place! We glazed the new police headquarters about 6 years ago, but (I was told) it flooded out.

Edit, hello D, don't want to forget Australia!

I like the simple side of plant life, but I do look on at planted tanks. I appreciate the knowledge that you need to get it right.

I'll look at your post, I'll learn something because I've not really done a proper planted tank, I used a good substrate once! Now I'm sand/gravel all day long.

(Hello Carlisle) you have one of the best Indian restaurants in the country, Dhaka tandoori on the way in from the top. I've been to your local MA shop over the way from j44. I spent a month working in Carlisle, it's a nice place! We glazed the new police headquarters about 6 years ago, but (I was told) it flooded out.

No my avatar picture is of one of my german blue rams enjoying itself in the old planted tank. The old tank was just a collection of lots of plant groupings. No real layout or design to it.

Since then ive learnt a lot about the layout of a planted 'nature' aquarium. Even drove to wrexham to visit a guy whos made a living of designing nature aquariums. I then set about trying to create something that one day may be worthy of entering a competition. Its been up for a week now with the fish living temporarily in a tank in the cupboard lol

Hi, yes - getting a few people from Australia now. It's too late though, I've converted to gallons and other non-metric terms.....

Hi, yes - getting a few people from Australia now. It's too late though, I've converted to gallons and other non-metric terms.....

We still use pints! They tried to metricate but never followed it up. It's 50:50 now, old materials come in old sizes, new materials come in new sizes. Beer still comes in pints!
(Our queen is your queen and all that, just look at your flag! We are joined at the hip)

Really I never thought Fishkeeping would take me international! How truly bizarre!(y)

No my avatar picture is of one of my german blue rams enjoying itself in the old planted tank. The old tank was just a collection of lots of plant groupings. No real layout or design to it.

Since then ive learnt a lot about the layout of a planted 'nature' aquarium. Even drove to wrexham to visit a guy whos made a living of designing nature aquariums. I then set about trying to create something that one day may be worthy of entering a competition. Its been up for a week now with the fish living temporarily in a tank in the cupboard lol

That old plant house looks better than anything I've ever planted!
Just read your ENTIRE thread! My word.
You can teach me stuff. Don't worry I'm cheeky, I'll ask, don't worry.

I can see you are dedicated to a planted system, i hope you get your trophy!

Any job will do to start, that's the money to get the car to drive that hour to get your PERFECT employment!
Be proud of what you do. There's loads of time to get where you want to be.
I lived in high Wycombe for 10 years, Lucas road. Now I live back where I came from, Chalfont St. Peter. (Dare I say Gerrards Cross, they hate being affiliated with us!) still, that's the postcode.

I'm not classed! Lower heap, back of the stack, just about going and that's the truth!

I miss jimmies pizza so bad!:nono:
Any real Wycombe head knows jimmies!
Also miss the antelope, I miss the hobgoblin (the pubs, club style ok beer and rock style with excellent beer respectively) Wycombe is a GOOD town! Forget Eden (the club) if its even called that anymore.
What was the other highlight? Scorpion Records, that place rocks.

Well done anyway, even if you're not elated, once you start getting the money, I'm sure you'll start smiling more!

Haha I love my job, seriously is the reason I get out of bed in the morning :L although some customers are a pain in the arse, I've got so many stories to tell XD. I've lived here for 10 years too, heard of lucas road but can't put a picture to the name... ahh you're not too far from me then :p

Aha being only 16 I wouldn't be able to comment on the nightlife :L

Typically British!

Sorry, I'm not ageist! Then I started out young! Mistake but great fun!

Good attitude to have, my mum works in a shop with the general public, I know all about the horrors! Especially this time of year with them blasted snot bag coughers!
Then there's the sneezers, the arrogant, the rude and occasionally the sweetest old lady you ever did meet who makes your whole day right again.

Me and the general public, I can't manage it. I couldn't handle that and remain employed. Yep, I'll put it like that!

I love what I do but it's quiet December time which suits me though, I have at least four weeks off. When it's busy time I love it, sometimes I think why don't i do the fish thing. I still love fish even now, some things wear off but this hasn't. I actually do fish, it's not natural but I seem to like learning the whole thing, like I really apply myself to it. It's pretty much the only thing I do. That's sort of why I think yeah, go on girl get your dream, I think in reality i'm consigned to decorating/glazing or the back end of a factory, but to do something you love for money! That's the dream ticket.

Don't get me started with sneezing customers XD I keep hand sanitiser in my pocket at all times just in case, & some of my colleagues have the flu so I keep at least two meters away from them XD

What is it you do?

Typically British!

Don't get me started with sneezing customers XD I keep hand sanitiser in my pocket at all times just in case, & some of my colleagues have the flu so I keep at least two meters away from them XD

What is it you do?

Typically British!

Hand sanitizer.. noo.. take the strangers germs and build your immunities! My mom has worked on hospitals and children schools her whole life, she hasn't been sick in... well forever.. it's crazy.. i fear the day she does get a cold because it will have to be some snot nosed kids super germ that takes her down :eek:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

& to anyone who's interested, I didn't get a job at any pet or fish place, but I started working at WHSmith in October :)

Typically British!

That is good news! Metal prices are falling so things are uncertain here but still paying the bills. Sometimes we look at the boats on the river from inside the office (ok most days), and wonder what we are doing wrong..

I'm saving (most of) my money for buying a 100 gallon tank, gonna be paradise for my tropicals :)

I spent my first paycheck on 3 more piercings & Christmas presents haha.

Haha yes I wonder what you're doing wrong ;)

Typically British!

Back
Top Bottom