i just got my dream job!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
i just got hired at a vet!! i started school about a month and a half ago in a vet tech program and ill be doing it in about 6 months. im taking a huge paycut, but i get benefits, 401k, and 4 of my animals get preventive care for free! im so excited! just had to share.

Congratulations.........great benefits for the animals and you also.

Congrats. Sounds like you're really looking forward to it. Good luck.

the paycut isnt fun at all, :(, but its something ive got to do so i can get the expeirence under my belt. once i prove myself and get my degree, ill get a raise.... *hopefully. lol

Grats on the new job. Dont do what i did and go buy a new car. haha i could kick my self real hard

Congrats! My sister was a Vet Tech for 4 years and loved every minute of it and I am 100% sure it is something I could never, ever do. I'm too much of a wuss. Way to go!

hehe... good stuff, always better to work at a job you love, providing you also have enough for the mortgage/kids braces/car payment... :) Do i sound jealous?

i nver thought i could do it either, thats why im 28 and just now figured out what i wanted to do with myself. i looked at everything i loved, but nothing ever seemed to work out, but this feels right. it some preserverance, like sending my resume to every vet in tampa! it worked tho. :D

Good for you! Keep us updated on how the job and school goes.

I also am currently poor in order to be doing something I really enjoy...when you're happy to go work in the morning how much money you make is really not as important.

well, now that ive taken a position, ive gotten like 3 more calls, :roll: . ive actually taken one of them, its just going to be a few hours a week, so ill get more expeirence, so i figure "why not"? the extra $ doesnt hurt either. ive worked a total of 6 hours, but i can tell i will really like it.

Back
Top Bottom