I just noticed that i am a FINatic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ofcourse we are hilarious.. We havent grown into cynical adults that spend their days in a workplace enviroment with the belief that working is fun and vacations are for slackers... But its okay.. im sure your different... ~ coughs ~... Im sure.. you have lots of fun.. in between coffee breaks..

yea there always has to be some "fun" at the water thingy where you press the button and drink out of cone shaped cups

LOL!!!!!!!

wow 3 pages in like 10 minutes... i feel so special :mrgreen:

ofcourse then.. when the water thingy is empty.. well its just your duty to refill it being all adultish and all.. then you get water allover your nice suit and tie and well.. that just ruins the day!... Us however... would wait for some poor soul to be dying of thirst to replace it while they dehydrate and flop around with the big tub like a fish out of water.. .. Us teenagers are so considerate..

Its because we rule rudy.. we rule.. and together we shall rule the world!!!!!!!
right after i finish my homework...

i know

we just laff at people who fall and walk away and go to class and come home watch tv take care of out tanks eat and sleep

right there you got a teenager in a "seashell"

We shall rule the world rudy.. you and me.. But now.. I have to go to bed in order to get up, take a shower, put on my uniform, go to school at six in the morning and then endure seven hours of class.. absorb nothing usefull.. and then come home.. and get ready to do the same thing on monday.. See we are so much different from adults.. ~ takes her teddy and rides off into the sunset on a shetland sheepdog ~ Night ^^

night that sucks you have to wear a uniform

do you go to catholic school??

im really upset cause i dont know what ot do about my ICH and im afraid to raise the temp cause i dont want to kill my fry or my cories or my mollies

i need help with it that doesnt contain any meds, salts, or water changes

Before i go!!!!!!!!!! Okay you will have to change the water.. ALOT... And you will have to raise the temp
but do it slowly and gradually.. I put in 1 tsp of salt per five gallons. Not regular salt, but kosher salt. im sure your mom uses it to cook. When you add the salt only add like a half tsp at a time to let your fishies get used to it before adding another half tsp. I lowered my tank water level so there was more oxygen in the air. Heat increase= oxygen decrease. Mollies are hardy.. if you dont do something about it then all of em will die.. your fry might not deal so well but its worth a shot unless you can find a medicine that specifically works for fry. alot of meds also say clearly -- dont use on tetras or catfishes -- In anycase at 80 the ich will just continue to infest. My fish were perfectly fine at 86. im just getting ready for my first batch of fry so i dont know how they will do, but youve got to do something sweetheart.!!!

Lyndsie is out of the building.. unless something shiney catches her eye...
...okay im probably gonna hang around for a couple of minutes..

i cant do anything tho

my dad wont let me!!!!! i hate this so much

Rudy, you must show your dad the article on ich.

I've copied a little on the heat/salt method:

By raising salt levels to 2-3 ppm or 1.002-1.003 specific gravity above what one normally keeps the tank at can destroy the Ich parasites. It has a strong effect on osmosis, and dehydrates the parasite to the point the parasite can no longer function and dies. Again, raising levels slowly but not too slowly is key here; raising salt 1 ppm per day is recommended. Generally 7.6 grams of salt per gallon is equal to 2 ppm or 1.002-1.003 specific gravity . However, it�s the chloride ions which are necessary for the treatment, and different salts have different levels of chloride. It�s best to purchase a hydrometer which measures low levels of salt to ensure proper dosage.
2 weeks at those levels sure eradicate all the parasites. Again, be sure all the fish in your tank can deal with those levels of salt. On that note, most scaleless fish CAN handle these levels of salt. Plecos and loaches especially do fine despite internet rumors to the contrary. It has been noted some tetras and corys do not do well with salt, however.
Once treatment is finished, regular water changes will remove the salt and return the tank to its usual levels.
** It is recommended to use pure salts such as aquarium, kosher or rock salt, NOT regular table salt. There are some concerns the chemicals added to table salt (such as iodine, and iron cyanides which are sometimes added as an anti-caking chemical) can be injurious to fish. Salt is also not a recommended treatment for planted tanks.

Alright.. not to disrespect your father but my mom was sorta the same way... .. I would bite him!... Just kidding. Seriously though.. do whatever you can.. I had to dress up in an MandM costume and do a little song and dance to get my ammonia kit... Do whatever it takes for the fishies!!!!!!! ~ theme song plays.. bursts out of screen, captain planet along side her ~

You must stress the importance of treatment, otherwise your fishies will surely die from the ich.

well i dont want them to die but i showed my dad all the info i found on FW ICH and he said

"No meds, salts, or anything else. all you can do is wait it out at 80*F and i will g away"

i thought oh well if the fish die #1 they werent expensive. #2 if or when they die at least the ICH goes with it

Yes but there is no reason to make the fish suffer through ich. It would be like you getting phnemonia and the only treatment that you have is a glass a water a day. It's not sufficient.

ok...

good new i found out whats the problem is

my dad said that all FW tanks carry alittle bit of ICH and that i forgot the biggest detail!!!

im going through my first cycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my ammonia went from 1 ppm last night to .25 ppm so now i finally have nitrItes of .25 ppm im so happy cause my cycle is kicking in!!!

and that the fish have small amounts of ich

male molly: 10 small spots of ICH(tail fin)
Dalmation molly: 1 spot of ICH
other female: 2 spots of ICH

Nonono Honey they always live with ich but they usually repell it if they are healthy and are NOT infected by it. Right now they ARE and it WILL kill them.

Even if you dont see it it can be be in their gills, i think the white spots are only the fishes chemical reactions to the ich. Like.. when i eat something im allgeric to i break out in hives. My fish died from ich cause it infested its gills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom