I just noticed that i am a FINatic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well i cant do anything and i dont want to worry cause i CANT do anything

Alright Z.z;; but if you get a chance... SO! How are you doing.. other then that.. ~ whistles ~..

If my fish were dieing and my parents told me that I couldn't treat them, I'd treat them anyways. I mean, it's cruelty to animals to allow an animal to suffer through a sickness and not do anything about it. If my cat had FIV, you'd better believe I'd be treating him for the rest of his life with medications instead of letting him suffer and die. No offense to you Rudy, it's just that these fish have enough to go through with the cycle. Adding ich on top of that, I'd be suprised if they live.

they ar living and have had ICH for about 3 days and they still have an appetite and they are happy and healthy in color and they seem fine about it

and what about in nature??? if there is a cat in the jungle that has fallen on a tree branch or got a disease you cant do anything about it

or if a fish in the wild got ich or teburculosis you cant do anything

i cant do anything cause it WILL ruin my cycle and it WILL get my tank taken away from me

my dad said "Let mother nature take its course and the ich should be shedding off soon and NOT reproducing, and the immune system of them has been stressed and thats why they are getting ICH. the ICH should go away within 2-3 weeks when your cycle finishes. because right now the ammonia is dissapating and becoming at a more calm level and that your nitrtItes are finally taking the place of the ammonia. after you cycle is dont the ICH should be completely gone." so i am sticking with that advice he has had fish tanks for about 40 years(since he was 10)

"Let mother nature take its course and the ich should be shedding off soon and NOT reproducing, and the immune system of them has been stressed and thats why they are getting ICH. the ICH should go away within 2-3 weeks when your cycle finishes. because right now the ammonia is dissapating and becoming at a more calm level and that your nitrtItes are finally taking the place of the ammonia. after you cycle is dont the ICH should be completely gone." so i am sticking with that advice he has had fish tanks for about 40 years(since he was 10)

Ich is a parasite that lives in all water. When a fish stresses and loses it's slime coat, that is when the 'parasite' attaches. It's not a reaction that fish have. Without something to make the parasites leave the fish, they WILL continue to multiply and kill your fish. Hate to break it to you Rudy, but you need to do something, or you will see your fish (maybe all of them) and your fry dwindle away. Atleast crank the temp up every once in a while, a degree or two at a time, when he isn't looking.

Also, treating the ich will not kill your cycle. You aren't that far into it at all. The heat and salt method won't do anything to back you up all the way....

good luck. :?

if there is a cat in the jungle that has fallen on a tree branch or got a disease you cant do anything about it

Yes, but if that cat was living in my home and he fell out of a tree and broke bones, he would be immediately taken to the vet. If my cat gets a disease, immediate vet attention will be provided. If my fish get a disease, I take care of them immediately. The only difference in your example is that the animals are under MY care, not mother nature's. The reason why I adopted my cat from the Humane Society was to give him a better home than living on the streets or being put down.

Rudy, I'm not saying that you or your father are purposfully killing fish. That is not my intention at all. I was mearly implying that the disease will kill your fish if they are not properly medicated (salt and temp) and watched closely. If all of the fish in your tank die and you go out and buy new fish and put them in the tank, they will eventually contract the disease. It is in the water. It probably came from the store that you purchased the fish from. Do not take my posts as a personal attack at you or your father. That is not how they are intended.

Good Luck.

im sorry about that

i just kinda got heated up cause things have happend at school people have been writing graffiti in the bathroom walls writing Nazi's Rule and trying to sign my name to it and they are drawing swastikas and trying to sign my name to those

luckily they cannot spell my name LOL

but anyways i cant do anything about it and my dad said that they will shed the ICH and get rid of it and the immune system of them will go back to normal and everything

well i think im gonna go to bed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom