I just read the sticker on my tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partypalooza5

Aquarium Advice Addict
The thing says "do not drill" in like three or four diffrent places!

it also says something about not picking it up a certain way because it could cause "death or serious injury" it also says drilling the tank will cause "death or serious injury"

I never knew fish keeping could be so dangerous! lol

And the bottom panel actually does say tempered glass like imprinted into the glass. soo that's like 5. LOL

exploding glass? I don't know..

Well I can understand somehow you drill the tank and it shatters and the glass shards fly into your skull and somehow its able to go through bone and it just so happens to hit an important area of the brain and you just so happen to have a heart attack at the same time...

Well I'm positive its just so the tank manufacturer doesn't get a lawsuit caus someone somehow killed them self with an aquarium... (other than drowing)

LOL! I'd have to admit.. if all of that happens to someone, then they seriously just had a terrible run of bad luck.

I think the scenario they're thinking of is some idiot who never joined the Boy Scouts and hasn't heard that you're not supposed to cut towards yourself, so he's supporting the tank with his chest as he drills from the inside, and it just goes downhill from there.

I think the scenario they're thinking of is some idiot who never joined the Boy Scouts and hasn't heard that you're not supposed to cut towards yourself, so he's supporting the tank with his chest as he drills from the inside, and it just goes downhill from there.

LOL I've seen that happen way too often :(.

A Darwin award winner no doubt!

Recipient anyway. I'm not sure winner is the word you're looking for there.

Back
Top Bottom