Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I just wanna see if....

I wanted to see if anyone agrees with me... I look at freshwater fish and saltwater fish but I get bored of saltwater fish, I think freshwater has more species that are fun to mix up and try new things with. Saltwater always has the same fish, same setups etc... Does anybody agree?

Old 07-07-2012, 12:35 AM   #2

I agree, and saltwater is more expensiveand harder to care for!

Old 07-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think that they both have there qualities. I like FW but SW attracts me. Sw has so many different corals and anenomies that color isn't a problem. But some FW fish can breed and have tons of color aswell.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I think it all depends on the person. to me, what intrests me are the variety of plants and how you can create diffrent kind of views such as biotopes and nature style aquariums. saltwater has its amazing corals that actually lives too. igs like two diff kind of worlds
i want more!
Athaocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:33 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Each water has its perks, I'm a Fw person and love the look of both kind of tanks, in SW there is so much to look at, its not just one focal point and everything seems to come alive. In FW you can have plants and make everything look so natural. So IMO I am not against FW or SW, we all put allot of love and work into each and every one of our tanks. And I give credit to anyone FW or SW for all of their hard work, time, research, and dedication that goes into them.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly_koi
Each water has its perks, I'm a Fw person and love the look of both kind of tanks, in SW there is so much to look at, its not just one focal point and everything seems to come alive. In FW you can have plants and make everything look so natural. So IMO I am not against FW or SW, we all put allot of love and work into each and every one of our tanks. And I give credit to anyone FW or SW for all of their hard work, time, research, and dedication that goes into them.
I never thought about the work it takes, maybe thats what makes it fun. Maybe I'm just a fw person, I just like to be creative... And never seen sw tank looking different.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Take a look at the members saltwater tanks showcase thread, each tank has a unique personality just like FW has. No tank looks the same
Old 07-07-2012, 02:39 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman0777
I wanted to see if anyone agrees with me... I look at freshwater fish and saltwater fish but I get bored of saltwater fish, I think freshwater has more species that are fun to mix up and try new things with. Saltwater always has the same fish, same setups etc... Does anybody agree?
Really? I get bored of fw fish someof the time!

For my tank, i like to get odd species. I dont know of many other people that have the same combo of sw fish that i do. Honestly, it is all about researching and making your perfect stock. Lots of sw tanks are similar..clowns..gobies..etc, but all tanks are different and interesting to their owner in some way!!
Old 07-07-2012, 03:06 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66

Really? I get bored of fw fish someof the time!

For my tank, i like to get odd species. I dont know of many other people that have the same combo of sw fish that i do. Honestly, it is all about researching and making your perfect stock. Lots of sw tanks are similar..clowns..gobies..etc, but all tanks are different and interesting to their owner in some way!!
I agree my tank isn't a "usual stock" as most peoples aren't I've come to find on here although the clownfish tank is very common due to finding nemo and peoples kids but lately the SW industry has taken a turn for the better with many more people trying it out. There are also many more species and sub species in the saltwater industry I believe. they are just harder to get your hands on since they are mostly wild caught still and once you get past the fish you have a massive selection of corals and inverts, even plants. With that said I do believe the "green" look of a well planted/scaped tank is very appealing and relaxing due to the way we can relate more to the "natural feel" being it resembles land more but a well done reef I believe can rival any tank of any style in color, variety of life, and activity. But that's just my opinion
Old 07-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would love saltwater but I do prefer tropical, I would only want like a few clown anemones a mandarin , yellow tang and a Dore fish lol!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com