Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 07-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
caveman0777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 38
I just wanna see if....

I wanted to see if anyone agrees with me... I look at freshwater fish and saltwater fish but I get bored of saltwater fish, I think freshwater has more species that are fun to mix up and try new things with. Saltwater always has the same fish, same setups etc... Does anybody agree?
__________________

__________________
caveman0777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 320
I agree, and saltwater is more expensiveand harder to care for!
__________________

__________________
aqua hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bubbles0oO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,264
I think that they both have there qualities. I like FW but SW attracts me. Sw has so many different corals and anenomies that color isn't a problem. But some FW fish can breed and have tons of color aswell.
__________________
+ =
55g~30g~20g~10g~10g~5.5g~2g~1g~1g
Bubbles0oO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Athaocity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 405
I think it all depends on the person. to me, what intrests me are the variety of plants and how you can create diffrent kind of views such as biotopes and nature style aquariums. saltwater has its amazing corals that actually lives too. igs like two diff kind of worlds
__________________
got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty.
got whozits and whatzits galore.
but who cares?
i want more!
Athaocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:33 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
butterfly_koi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: near Sedalia Missouri
Posts: 1,840
Each water has its perks, I'm a Fw person and love the look of both kind of tanks, in SW there is so much to look at, its not just one focal point and everything seems to come alive. In FW you can have plants and make everything look so natural. So IMO I am not against FW or SW, we all put allot of love and work into each and every one of our tanks. And I give credit to anyone FW or SW for all of their hard work, time, research, and dedication that goes into them.
__________________
“Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my goodness.... I could be eating a slow learner!
-Lynda Montgomery
butterfly_koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
caveman0777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly_koi
Each water has its perks, I'm a Fw person and love the look of both kind of tanks, in SW there is so much to look at, its not just one focal point and everything seems to come alive. In FW you can have plants and make everything look so natural. So IMO I am not against FW or SW, we all put allot of love and work into each and every one of our tanks. And I give credit to anyone FW or SW for all of their hard work, time, research, and dedication that goes into them.
I never thought about the work it takes, maybe thats what makes it fun. Maybe I'm just a fw person, I just like to be creative... And never seen sw tank looking different.
__________________
caveman0777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
butterfly_koi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: near Sedalia Missouri
Posts: 1,840
Take a look at the members saltwater tanks showcase thread, each tank has a unique personality just like FW has. No tank looks the same
__________________
“Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my goodness.... I could be eating a slow learner!
-Lynda Montgomery
butterfly_koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:39 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman0777
I wanted to see if anyone agrees with me... I look at freshwater fish and saltwater fish but I get bored of saltwater fish, I think freshwater has more species that are fun to mix up and try new things with. Saltwater always has the same fish, same setups etc... Does anybody agree?
Really? I get bored of fw fish someof the time!

For my tank, i like to get odd species. I dont know of many other people that have the same combo of sw fish that i do. Honestly, it is all about researching and making your perfect stock. Lots of sw tanks are similar..clowns..gobies..etc, but all tanks are different and interesting to their owner in some way!!
__________________
Gboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:06 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrc8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66

Really? I get bored of fw fish someof the time!

For my tank, i like to get odd species. I dont know of many other people that have the same combo of sw fish that i do. Honestly, it is all about researching and making your perfect stock. Lots of sw tanks are similar..clowns..gobies..etc, but all tanks are different and interesting to their owner in some way!!
I agree my tank isn't a "usual stock" as most peoples aren't I've come to find on here although the clownfish tank is very common due to finding nemo and peoples kids but lately the SW industry has taken a turn for the better with many more people trying it out. There are also many more species and sub species in the saltwater industry I believe. they are just harder to get your hands on since they are mostly wild caught still and once you get past the fish you have a massive selection of corals and inverts, even plants. With that said I do believe the "green" look of a well planted/scaped tank is very appealing and relaxing due to the way we can relate more to the "natural feel" being it resembles land more but a well done reef I believe can rival any tank of any style in color, variety of life, and activity. But that's just my opinion
__________________
Mrc8858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Samzter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 3,625
I would love saltwater but I do prefer tropical, I would only want like a few clown anemones a mandarin , yellow tang and a Dore fish lol!
__________________

__________________
Samzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.