I love my fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone else out there get teased because they love their fish?

To me, fish are much loved members of the family, and as living creatures should be cared for in the best way I can. To others, they are a cheap pet that is easily replaced :-(

I am new to fish and am surprised by the attitudes of some.

I absolutely love my fish! I'm on vacation in Mexico, and no one here understands my obsession with wanting to snorkel and see the reefs (I know, not salt water thread, but there is no one with me who understands). I also love the fish that are in my 45 gallon, and in my parents 55gallon. I hate having to flush any of the rare dead ones, but it makes me happy knowing that they always life longer then expected.

I understand. I hate when I go on trips because I am worried that the people I get to take care of them think " they are just fish". No! They are awesome!

I feel differently about all my fish, some of them I really really care about, others not so much haha

Haha your just saying that because one of your fish hurt your gn pleco lol
I wouldnt say I love my fish but I like them. And I love having fish. I get teased for always talking about them lol everybody knows I love aquariums lol

I love mine lol my roomate was trying to name my male guppys:). They think I'm crazy to have a 29g ,a20g and 7 1g Betta bowls

I have named all mine. I have Barry, Bruno and basil.

I have 5 female 3 male guppy and 4 endler guppy

I have 3peppered cory cat and 2 juli cory cat
1 dwarf gourami and 7 Betta .. I named all the Betta

It is great to meet fellow fishie lovers!

So glad I found this forum.

My fishies were named by my little niece and nephew and include Spotty, Mr Stripes, Lightening McQueen and Goldie

Attachments

• image-1939392684.jpg
    image-1939392684.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 107
I don't name my fish (I wouldn't remember them anyway) but I give them the best care I am capable of.
Being vegan I'm used to people rolling their eyes and shaking their heads at me.
I take my responsibility for all these little lives seriously.
Spending a good proportion of my pay on fish keeping provides others with the pleasure of their smug disdain, but not as much pleasure as I get from fish keeping :D (y)

Cactus Pixie, I get loads of eye rolling, too!

I think part of the problem is that many people only value what is expensive to buy.

I get a lot of people telling me not to worry too much because fish are easily replaced because they are so cheap.

To me, they miss the point completely - that I am responsible for four little lives, and they rely on me for everything - their food and a healthy, safe and fun place to live.

I think the cashier at walmart thought I was a bit nuts because of how angry I was that someone had dumped two bettas into one cup to fight. I bought them so I could separate them and let them heal. She gave me a bit of a "lady, they're just fish" look. Friends and family think I'm nuts, but I love my fish.

Fish? Cheap? Easily replaced? Tell my wild caught German blue ram females that.... Doesn't help I bought them from a SUPER over priced fish store

Fish? Cheap? Easily replaced? Tell my wild caught German blue ram females that.... Doesn't help I bought them from a SUPER over priced fish store

Hahaha... yeah, you can try and tell my imported Thai bettas that, too.

Oh boy, and the looks I get when I tell people I can't pick up their shift because I took off that day to receive a package of imported fish (or just a package of fish in general) are priceless. I think the mail lady thinks I'm a bit strange as well. She has delivered lots of packages to me that say "Fragile: LIVE FISH" and it seems to amuse her.

image-3076932931.jpg

I found this and my husband agrees :) I love my fish, especially my big fella mick the sailfin Pleco , he's awesome :) and at the moment a baby sitter , all the fry that are in the community tank have decided its safe here with this big fish :)

I have 5 female 3 male guppy and 4 endler guppy I have 3peppered cory cat and 2 juli cory cat 1 dwarf gourami and 7 Betta .. I named all the Betta

Do all your Cory cats school together?? I have one emerald and I want to get more for him. If I can't find emeralds I'm going to try and get julis. I just don't want him to be left out :(

I have an 17year old gold fish called Gwen she is my babe and all my other fish are ace to. All my fish have different personalitys there all my little babes haha

Do all your Cory cats school together?? I have one emerald and I want to get more for him. If I can't find emeralds I'm going to try and get julis. I just don't want him to be left out :(

Yeh somewhat

image-1081700928.jpg

The male guppies and endlers are in seperate tank with one snail.. Just got a new dwarf gourami I have 2 other snails in female guppy tank with the cory cats and dwarf sunset honey gourami

Back
Top Bottom