i need help with my 1st freshwater tropical aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ray71384

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello every1...im not new at all 2 the aquarium hobby...i kno all the basics...i currently have an oscar that im going to give to the petshop because he is getting to big for mt 29 gallon tank and he really is no fun at all 2 watch...i wanna start a freshwater community tank...i have a 29 gallon tank...stand...complete hood...3 filters that i actually have running all at once...i like the xtra filtration...plants...rocks...food...gravel and air pump with air stone...everything i need 2 get started...my question is what ph is good for a community tank with different peacefull species of fish?...tempature also?...oh yea...i have heater and thermamoter...any1 that can help me out please message me...i will deeply apperciate it...thank u 4 ya time

Depends on the fish. Ph 7-8 is good, and for tropical fish luke tetras and such, 78-81 is a good area

thanks...do u kno what fish do good 2gether?...fish that r good around the same ph level?

A good community would be two schools of tetras with a nice centerpiece fish. 7 rummynose tetras, 7 cardinal tetras, a dwarf sunset gourami and 5 julli corys is a nice community for a 29 id say

ive had parrots b4...they get big and sometimes can b bullys...im tired off aggressive and semi aggresive fish lol...i wanna start a peacefull community tank...thanks alot 4 respondin 2 my post

thanks alot gboy...ive had some xperince with community fish...i have fish in mind that i want 2 kno do well 2gether...i just dont want my fish stressed from fighting...i hate the look of nipped fins 2...these r fish i kno r peacefull...neon tetras...mollys...plattys...dwarf gouramies...guppys...rams...silver dollars...swordtails...is it possable 4 me 2 put these kind of fish 2gether?

Wow great fish! Yes all of those fish work well. Some such as the swordtails, guppies, mollys, platys, are breeding machines. Make sure not to get 2 male gouramis, and to be a little bit more careful with rams. Just a little bit more sensitive of fish

cool...thanks alot...now i have another question...i do water changes every week...about 25%...how how does those ph kits work...i never used them b4...this time i want everythin 2 go smoothly in the tank and keep the fish as stress free as i can u kno

I dont have one but i think you just put a water sample in a glass and test it? Not sure. Best kit to have though is a master test kit

cool...i have 2 check on that...i like 2 keep my water as natural as i can...the only thing i really like 2 use is water conditioner...i really dont like 2 use water clarifiers and other things such as any other chemicals...do u own any fresh water fishes?

Back
Top Bottom