I need help with opening a LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I did the basement thing, I would start as a breeder of mostly bettas and cichlids. Once that's established I could see about getting a distributer to gimme stuff (coffee is wearing off). depending on how well my saltwater endeavor goes, maybe selling some coral frags.

IchthyChris said:
If I did the basement thing, I would start as a breeder of mostly bettas and cichlids. Once that's established I could see about getting a distributer to gimme stuff (coffee is wearing off). depending on how well my saltwater endeavor goes, maybe selling some coral frags.

Sounds solid, plants and shrimp are really popular right now. That would be some easy money.

It also seems like nano aquarium popularity is on the rise. So any fish that you could easily breed would also be something to cash in on.

Mogurako said:
It also seems like nano aquarium popularity is on the rise. So any fish that you could easily breed would also be something to cash in on.

Exactly! Another thing I was considering is DIY nano reef inserts. Basically ready made aragocrete aquascapes. (TM) 5/1/2012. Don't steal my idea. :)

TM or not I don't think you can copy write something that is either DIY or that other companies produce already?

But a nice idea tho.

One thing you could do is sell seeded filter media, for beginners. Instant cycled tank!!!! Yay! And it would be soooo easy to do. And no body's doing it!

Keeping a small stock of snails, will so give you babies to sell, and wouldn't require a large space.

You can easily grow plants to sell. Also.

Stuff like shrimps are popular and interesting and breed well also.

Just a thought

...I was kidding with the TM, but most all patents start with a DIY "prototype" of some sort. I know lots of peeps are making aragocrete rocks these days, but I'm talking about an insert made to fit popular nano tank sizes. Would there be a market for that, or would more people want to ...do it themselves?

I'd just stick with fish and what not, spreading yourself to thin and going in allot of different directions can be costly. Concentrate on a few things and do it better than everything else.

Personally when I see things in shops, I always think, hmmm can I make that? I love having a go at new projects and new ideas. So for me mr average dan I would enjoy making my own inserts, rather than paying for a ready made one.

As mr wealthy I could see the appeal of buying ready made, made to measure inserts. Here in the uk there is a website that you can design and have made.

Back
Top Bottom