I need some quick photoshop help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerMcAllen

Aquarium Advice Addict
A while back I took a picture of a warning sign with my phone, and have been wanting to make it into a warning sign for my lab desk. The only problem is that I don't have any good image editing programs on my computer. If someone could take this image, and just make the black parts (electricity monster and man) black, and the backgroud white (or any other non-black color) that would be great.

There is a link to the picture in my post, though it doesn't seem to be standing out too well. Try clicking the part about "I took a picture of a warning sign with my phone".

done. got an address i can send it to?
i've crop the picture of everything but the man and the monster, and it's totally black and white.
if anything you'll need to resize it before you print it.

I took a shot at painting it in MS Paint just to see if I could do it.. what do you think?

Attachments

• elm.jpg
    elm.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 205
Yea i just hypersnapped the image, ran over the edges with a solid black line, turned it all white except the lines and used flood fill to finish.
ill post tomorrow at work.
Brilliant program hypersnap, recommend it to anyone. takes screenshots of ur windows menus and all. alot like the printscreen button used to do in windows 3.11
as well as being small and free its the ducks nutz

RogerMcAllen said:
A while back I took a picture of a warning sign with my phone, and have been wanting to make it into a warning sign for my lab desk. The only problem is that I don't have any good image editing programs on my computer.

Bring out the gimp... (free photoshop quality image editing program)

http://www.gimp.org/

Downloads For windows:
GTK: (required)
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gimp-win/gtk+-2.6.8-setup-1.zip?download
Program:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gimp-win/gimp-2.2.8-i586-setup.zip?download

install the GTK, then the program. It works very similar to photoshop. Has many of the same tools. But it's free, legally.

img_457022_0_0e20ec70c73453e8b87a58300f0530e8.jpg

RogerMcAllen said:
Hopefully my desk will be well protected from those darn undergrads.

Radioactive warning labels might help too. In my previous lab, I had a 'radioactive' stapler, scissors, and calculator on my desk that never 'walked away'. :wink:

Eh, the other undergrads (yes other, I am one of them) have no respect for safety. We have a HeNe laser that is on at all times. It is about chest height on me, but it is exactly eye level of one of my grad students. You will just see random laser beams shooting on the walls all of the time. It is crazy. Anyway, here is the final product

aquanaut said:
Do a google search for Mr Ouch warning sign..... kinda funny

Oh man, that is too funny. My original came from a picture I took off the side of a transformer when I was wandering around at OSU one night.

That laser safety one reminds me of a story I heard about a professor (Organic or something, not the kind of guy who usually handles lasers) that decided that since only something like .01% of his laser power came through the back of a mirror, he should be able to align his beam by eye. It turns out .01% was in fact plenty to make him blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom