I Never Realized How Much My Plants Have Grown!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I was just looking through pictures on my laptop and I found one of my 38g aquarium on the day I planted it. Then I compared it with a picture I took today, and I was blown away. I canot believe how much my plants have grown! I also can't believe that I didn't even notice until now.

Attachments

• rsz_9-7-12_3.jpg
    rsz_9-7-12_3.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 11-15-12.jpg
    11-15-12.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 101
Thanks! I used to hate the crypts, because so many of their leaves rotted away at first, but they're thriving now and they're my favorites.

Yes, they can be very finicky when first transplanted, but once they adjust they do wonderfully.

The only ones that weren't finicky were the anubias. THe swords had a lot of yellow leaves at first. The java fern was fine too, but I'm not as much a fan of that plant. Now it's just there. The swords still have a yellow leaf or two from time to time though. I'm hoping they'll come out of it. It's mostly the small leaves though, not the really long ones.

Thanks! Since I compared these pictures, I'm now considering going back to CO2. It certainly had done its job! I'd need a new regulator but then again, Christmas is coming up.

Bettafanatic said:
So I was just looking through pictures on my laptop and I found one of my 38g aquarium on the day I planted it. Then I compared it with a picture I took today, and I was blown away. I canot believe how much my plants have grown! I also can't believe that I didn't even notice until now.

Wow !!! Nice aquarium,your plants have come on great :)

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Do you think I can propagate the crypts a little? I did once but I think making a bigger group would be nice. What do you think?

Sure, you can divide them. It can irritate them sometimes and cause some melt, but they always seem to come back stronger than before.

I'll definitely get a few smaller plants off them then. Any tips on how to safely propogate?

Just separate at the roots. It has been awhile since I grew crypts but I seem to remember just breaking them apart by hand and replanting.

Bettafanatic said:
Thanks for the compliments everyone! Do you think I can propagate the crypts a little? I did once but I think making a bigger group would be nice. What do you think?

Ive never had crypts so not sure,but i would of thought so and thank you for the help you have given me to help with my new betta when i get him,i can't wait to get him !!!!

Back
Top Bottom